Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WKla

FX series and modbus

16 posts in this topic

Hello. Does FX1N, FX2N supports modbus communications? I want to use a modbus protocol for communication with FX over ethernet or serial port, instead of using the standard protocol described in the communication manual from Mitsubishi. Thank you.

Hi, No there isn't a module for modbus but if you are using GX IEC Developer there is a free FB block which will communicate modbus via a standard RS232 BD board. Edited by Gambit

Hello Gambit. You must be thinking to ModbMFX file. I have some questions about this library and examples described there: 1. What program is loaded on the FX1N slave PLC? 2. How can I use this library to make the FX respond to modbus queries from a PC program? Thank you.

Yoiu are correct about the library ModbMFX. This is the library for the master. There is also a slave library called ModbSFX. By this one you can communicate (respond) to a PC.

Where do you get this ModbMFX and is the code available for conversion to regular GX Developer? I have been looking for something like this for awhile. I have suggested to Mitsubishi they develop a Modbus module for the FX, it would open up a whole world of SCADA/RTU apps.

Hi, One work around could be to connect an E-terminal to the FX-system. Since the terminal supports dual drivers you could let the second driver be Modbus slave (and the Scada Modbus Master). Then you can use either the modbus slave's built-in protocol conversion (mapping from/to Modbus to/from the FX-system) or use the data-exchange channels. I don't know if this suggestion is adaptable for your application but maybe?! I also believe that the Modbus code only exists in a GX IEC Developer version since GX Developer does not support function blocks. //Supporter Edited by Supporter

See the download link for the download for GX-IEC Library's. For conversion from GX-IEC to GX- Developer, just donwload it to a PLC and UPLOAD it in GX-Developer. Another good suggestion is like the supporter said, use an E-Terminal. MODBUS.zip

But I need to have GX IEC first before I can download it to a PLC, right? Edited by mjrx

Yes you are correct about that. First make the project in GX-IEC, download it in the PLC and upload it in GX Developer. Then you have the source code of the Modbus protocoll in Ladder.

Thats my problem, I don't have GX IEC only GX Developer.

Hi! I'm a beginner PLC Mitsubbishi. Can you give to me example code ladder about Modbus communication RS485 for FX series in GX IEC Developer ? Thanks! Email: phuvinh77@gmail.com
1 person likes this

Hello everybody. Does someone test the modbus library then? I have download and use it in GX IEC developer 7.04, but while I Build project with modbus slave library, I have 100 warning and the project can't build. Someone have problem like me? Edited by Love PLC

Select from the menu "Extras -> Options" and then in the window that pops up "Project options -> Compiler". There you can disable warnings that you can consider not to be important. Guess you have to increase the "Word range" in the "Systems variables" tab as well (same window). Edit: This is for GX IEC Developer, don't know how to do it in the other programs. Edited by Bryll

Hi! Could anyone please transfer and upload the modbus FB in GX developer project form for FX1S? Thanks in advance.

On 5/7/2015 at 4:43 PM, Love PLC said:

It works. Thanks! :)

Can you share the ladder in zip ?