Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gravitar

Free Programmable Automation Controller (PAC) Workshop: Anyone been to it?

13 posts in this topic

I got an email last week inviting me to attend a free "Programmable Automation Controller" workshop. Have any of you been to this? Is it worthwhile? I imagine that even the most basic sales-oriented presentation might be of use to me, as I have no experience with GE PLCs. BTW.. I assume "Programmable Automation Controller" is GE's term for a PLC?

Is this the two-day session in Charlottesville or something sponsored by your local distributor? The sessions sponsored by local distributors are OK. Their quality can vary widely based on the technical expertise of the distributor person doing the presenting. The key question to ask is how much hands-on time will you get. Once they have explained how the pieces all fit together and how to navigate through the software, my personal preference is to go play in the sandbox with the new toys. The next most important question is how many attendees per workstation. One would be wonderful, but two is OK. Three or more and you never seem to get enough time to explore the things that you want to try out. Programmable Automation Controller is the latest buzzword. It's basically a term dreamed up by the marketing folks to imply that this latest generation of controllers is an evolutionary step beyond mere Programmable Logic Controllers.

This is a 4 hour introduction to GE Fanuc's PAC, we will schedule more time 1 on 1 with anyone interested. The "right" people form GE Fanuc will be present to answer questions. http://www.gefanuc.com/en/forms/pacworkshop.html We plan to have 12 working simulators available to play with for as long as you want after lunch. Until 5:pm anyway. Edited by RussB

Sounds like fun! I'll be at the one in the Detroit area.

I replied for the one in Southfield too but haven't gotten a response.

Kinda odd, isn't it, that there wasn't any sort of confirmation email? Maybe I should call and verify that they're still adding registrants.. I'd hate to show up and there not be enough food :)

I probably won't attend if I don't get some kind of confirmation that there is room.

The Channel Manager is sending confirmations out today, to the email address that you supplied. This will confirm times and locations. If you do not get it by Tuesday Nov.21 let us know.

Got in my email today. thanks,

I never got mine :(

Try again. Or just show up, they will not send you away. http://www.gefanuc.com/en/forms/pacworkshop.html

Gravitar, I had to cancel. The arrangements were thru larry.job@gefanuc.com, give him a shout. -Jeff

I signed up for the Jan 11 in Ohio. I hope I make it.... But I never got a CONFIRMATION e-mail???? What's up with that?