Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grafoper

Intellution Software Key

4 posts in this topic

I have a new Dell Windows XP machine that I am going to use as my engineering station. I loaded Intellution on this machine and when I try to start it with the engineering KEY in the printer port, the program doesn't know the key is there. Has anyone ever run into this problem. How can I get this machine to recognize that the Key is in the port. Thanks, grafoper

Have a look in the systems BIOS setup of the parallel port. If the port mode is ECP, EPP, bi-directional or PS/2 mode this could cause the problem. See if there is a setting like "standard" , "default" or "legacy". Hope this helps. This is just a general tip with parallel dongles.

I've run into something similar with Intellution before. I had Fix32 Ver 7.0 running on with a key. I used the CD from that installation to setup a new application, and ordered an additional runtime key for the new PC. The new key came with a CD, but I didn't need it, because my application had already been developed. The new PC would not recognize the new KEY. I called the local Intellution dealer who I bought the key from and he new the problem right away. Somewhere along the way Intelution switched from Rainbow keys to Hasp keys, even though the software revision level remained the same, the newer CD's have different key drivers. I had to manually install the key driver for the new key, then every thing worked correctly. So now I am very mindful about which CD goes with which key. There's no way to tell you have the wrong CD until you try the key. This may or may not be your case, but something you may want to check on.

Ken, to make life easier for you: take a marker and write "new key" on one of the discs, and "old key" on the other. Preferably the right way around. :)