Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroniz

Modicon PanelMate Plus

8 posts in this topic

I'm looking for the software and cable to configure the Panel View PM PLUS 1000. Who can help me about this?

I've got the software you need (DOS) but I don't know if it is OK to send it to you because of copyright protection. Perhaps anyone else can tell me if it is OK? I can also give you a description about the cable. jerjo2

A description of the cable is fine but no pirated software TW

A regular DB-9 cable should work. The programming PC is a DTE device. The Panelview Plus 1000 is a DCE device. You connnect a DTE device to a DCE device using a straight-thru cable.

Cutler Hammer might give you software for those units if you are converting them forward into new Panelmates, I don't recall it's been years since I worked with one.

You can download the DOS software for the PanelMate 1000 here: http://www.eatonelectrical.com/NASApp/cs/C...rsion+Utilities You will have to have a computer running Windows 98 or earlier to use it. I think it will work for the PM Plus 1000 as well as for the standard PM1000. As far as I know, the only difference is that the PM Plus 1000 was brand labeled for Modicon. Back when I worked for a distributor that sold PanelMates, the PM1000 software included drivers for all available protocols except Modbus RTU. We had to charge extra for that. The Modicon distributors sold software that included RTU as standard, but they had to charge extra for drivers for any other brand.

I have the VCP1000 software and the drivers. Should I be downloading more than one driver plus the configuration? If yes, is there a particular order? Edited by Special Edward

You only download one driver. Download the driver first, then the application. Once the driver is installed on the PanelMate, when you make changes to the screens, you don't have to re-download the driver. So, before you download anything, check to see what driver is already present. If it is the same as what you intend to use, you only need to download the application. I say this because downloads on the PanelMate 1000 are painfully slow. A driver download might take 15 minutes.