Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nathan

Ultimate HMI/SCADA Reporting thread

1 post in this topic

Hi all, I wanted to mention that Inductive Automation recently released a Reporting plugin for FactoryPMI. It generates dynamic, pdf based reports within its own web based Java client. I'd like to hear about everyones experience with dynamic report generation for MES/ERP applications, particularly about how they work with existing HMI/SCADA systems. Have you guys been successful with this sort of application for industrial reporting? What do you use them for (production, downtime, efficiency, etc)? Have you been using off the shelf commercial packages (ie Crystal Reports), custom applications, or more traditional Industrial Software company packages? I'm interested in packages that satisfy some/all of the following: -Be web based in some form. Management needs to be able to pull up the info without a client side install -Be SQL database driven. Kind of a given. -Is a professional reporting package - ie. able to minimally create professional looking reports that are dynamic enough to: add page numbers, split data elegantly between pages, support tables, graphs, images, etc. Support nice printing, pdf generation, etc.