Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jan.krajniak

1769-HSC

3 posts in this topic

My team and I are trying to use a 1769-HSC module to get the speed and rate information on pump that runs at up to 1500RPM. All us are new to PLCs (this is part of joint school-company design effort), and we are having problems with testing our counter (we were trying to see if it picks up signals using an interesting contraption that uses a bicycle spedometer and magnets mounted on a very fast rotating drill to simulate high-frequency inputs). I have searched this forum, and found a lot of interesting topics, but I admitt, I was having problems understanding the "lingo" of some of the experienced users. So, I was wondering, can anybody point me to a good source on information about basic high-speed counter programming (not exact code, just examples/methods of approach). Thank you very much everyone!!

See if this thread helps you http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=6398 Oh and by the way, welcome to MrPLC

Thanks a lot TWControls! Yes, I managed to find the topic, and I am trying to understand it. This forum is GREAT! I can see I will spend a lot of time reading up :). Thanks again, appreciate it a bunch!