Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
S7Bruce

FX2 to MTA-100 HMI

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have some equipment that has FX PLCs(FX32-MR and FX32-MT) and the HMI is an MTA-100. If the PLCs fail is it possible to replace them with FX2 PLCs and have them still work with the MTA-100. I know I would need an adapter because the comm port is different on two PLCs. But will it work at all? Or can't the MTA-100 access the newer PLCs. I would prefer to just dump the existing program into the new PLC without modification if possible. Thanks for your input. Thanks, Bruce

Never mind. I found a unit in the plant with that configuration. MTA-100 and FX2-N. But the MTA is dying. What do I replace that with? I don't think MTA-100s are available any more. Thanks, Bruce

The most direct replacement for the MTA is the E-terminals. Depending on how old the software for the MTA is, you might be able to convert it to an E-terminal in that software, or you might need the latest version of E-Designer.

The software for the MTA is DOS based. Old stuff. Thanks, Bruce

Although it's obsolete, you can still buy SW-MTA-WIN from Mitsubishi and it is Windows based MTA software. I don't know about the ability of E-Designer to import DOS MTA programs. Might want to run it by technical support.