Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diotter

Nt20S and C200HS-cpu01

9 posts in this topic

Any-buddy know if there are isue that a NT20S can not communicate with a (old) C200HS-CPU01? I tryed with the periferial port with a rs232 converter and a cable cbl-202. Also with a C200H-LK201 comm card and a cable CBL-804. NT configured to talk Host-link and the C200H. Both at 9600 Bauts 7e2. I saw some where that tis setup can work with CPU21 but noting on CPU01?? (C200HS). I can program tru both entry with CX-Prog but when I connect the NT and set the DM for specific page, moting happen on the screen Tanks to any answer. Ric

What is the full part number on the NT20S? You should be able to use the C200H-LK201 with the correct cable (don't have that info here at home). What is the PT Control area address? The first word in that area must be set for a valid screen number. There is no screen 0 (zero). If a non valid screen number is entered at startup, the screen will be blank. Hope this will help.

Tanks GTsupport, my NT number is NT20S-ST121B-EV3. When I conect tru LK201 I see both rxd and txd flash but the NT don't show the screen i'm asking for in the control area dm100. The nt show the (conecting to host)? Ric

That message indicates the NT is not communicating with the C200HS. Check the cable for proper pinout, it will be in this manual. Also verify the host link unit number, and the settings for the com port on the NT. Only one port can be configured for Host Link, not both. You can set the other port for None. I do not have manuals or software with me. I can check tomorrow at work for other solutions if you are still having a problem. Hope this will help.

The switches on the front of the C200H-LK201 should be set at 0-0-5-2 for 9600,7,E,2. Also, the CBL-804 is a nine pin connector on both ends. Are you using a 9 to 25 pin adapter? The comm should work on the LK201 unit, but going from memory I think the peripheral port on the C200HS can only be used with a hand held programmer. Edited by ECSI

Regarding the peripheral port, I have used a CPM1-CIF01 adapter on the C200HS. It will NOT work on the older C200H. Thanks ECSI, I did not know what the cable was. The pinouts are in the manual referenced in a previous post. You will want to check the RS - CS pins. Often they will need to be jumpered, but check the manual.

I guess that you are right on the peripheral port because when I connect the NT thru it (with cif1) no comm. light flash on the plc! I scroll thru the Omron cable manual for a direct cable from the ONE port NT20S to the LK201 DB25. I'm using the CBL-804 and a converter from DB25 to DB9. And like ECSI told, my settings are 0-0-5-2 and to be sure it's the good setting, I programmed the PLC true it and it work well! The cable pin out that I need is the (XW2Z-200S) or the equivalent Canadian cable (CBL-xxx) Tanks Ric

CBL-803 is the actual cable required, but I think the 804 should also work with the 9to25 converter. Are you using NTST to program the NT? If so, when you download are you using 9.6k or 38.4k baud rate? Are these parts new to you? In other words are you sure they were working before you tried this?

I'm using to download nt support tool 4.2 or nt support toll 4.6 and I Tranfert the application to the NT20S at 9600B with a CBL-202 as supose to be :) if the converter 9 to 25 is supose to work! then I supose that the Nt20S will not talk to a C200HS thrue a lk201 for I don't know what reason! Tanks ESCI