Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aboon78

Logix5555 project file corrupted!

8 posts in this topic

Anyone has experience of the Logix5555 project file not found in the processor unit? The processor was running & suddenly the project file corrupted. When try to online using RSLogix5000, a window shown "project file not found". And new project file need to download into the processor. Can this problem handled by fault handler rountine? Thanks.

Can you do a screen capture of exactly what it says when you try to go online? Does the Plc function at all? If you are saying the processor has no program in it then it can't be handled through a fault routine and my first guy of why it happened would be the battery needs to be replaced.

When the problem occurred; the output modules "OK" LED blinking, "I/O" LED of the processor is OFF though turn the key from run-prog-run. When try to go online with RSLogix5k, a dialog window appearred saying the project file can't found in the processor; the RSLogix5k requires to download program to the processor. After downloading, everything back to normal. I have no idea why this can be happened. Are you meant the problem could be caused by the battery becomes weak & can't hold the program memory? But the "Batt" LED doesn't turn ON. And it happened when the processor is running; and the mahcine is supplied with power.

If the processor was under continuous power then it wouldn't be the battery. It would be most unusual for a processor to "loose" it's program. I think I would call tech support and discuss it with them. They have additional tools that might be able to extract additional information out of the processor

You did not specify firmware version, but in any case you should contact technical support to obtain log extraction utility. Extracted Debug file may help support to determine the cause. If you are using ver 15.3 or 15.4, then most likely you have known issue and need FW upgrade to 15.5 See this release notes for details: http://support.rockwellautomation.com/cont...RN620C-EN-E.pdf

I have had this problem before but it turned out to be rev 11.28 .When the processor shut down and then powered up say within a second the program did not have enought time to store .The AB techs said Rev 12 + fixed the problem. Also verified the battery connection.

My Logix5555 is of Rev. 12.25. There was no power trip reported during that time. I think I will refer the Logix5555 to Rockwell.

The only way to find out what happened is to contact support for fault log extraction utility.