Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alan Wain

AB 1746-NT8

9 posts in this topic

Being relatively new to AB PLC's I have never used an AB 1746-NT8 module. Can anyone give me sample code showing how to read the data from this module. It will be used with an SLC 5/05 processor.

If you haven't checked out the Rockwell Literature Library I would recommend it. They have a User Manual with nice detail to explain Mikey's post. There is also the Installation Guide which should have come with itm that talks about where best to install it. Hope these help.

Thanks for your reply and your help. I was not aware of the AB documentation download sight. Regards, Al

A pleasure to help others.

Re: Mikey's cool pics from RSLogix 500. I'm currently working my way through testing a NT8 module in for repair. The info I have found is that that last configuration screen Mikey provided is from a more recent version of RSLogix 500. My version is 5.20. Our registration with AB was done by someone who no longer works here, so we have no way of downloading the update aside from paying for the program again, which ain't gonna happen. AB makes nothing easy. If someone could provide configuration words to test the channels for J-type inputs, a tremendous amount of good karma would be your reward. Jimmy

If the RSLogix was purchased by your company you can transfer ownership to another person. Here is a link to the site: http://www.software.rockwell.com/support/regtrns/ You do not need to purchase a new copy of RSLogix 500, just sign-up for the Tech-Connect and you will be able to download the newest version. I hope this is of some help. swimmy

It's in the user manuals provided to you by BobLFoot. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um022_-en-p.pdf nt8config.pdf nt8config1.pdf Edited by Mickey