Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Cheung

Fiber Optic Melsecnet /H Module

6 posts in this topic

Hi All, Anyone could share experienced in using Fiber Optic Q Melsecnet/ H module? There is few Melsecnet/H module that suitable for Fiber Optic cable. Thanks & best regards, Steve

Hi Steve, Be aware when using these modules. Find out first what the price is for the special Hitachi plugs.... You will be surprised! They are NOT cheap. Edited by waynes

Hi Steve, I worked with QJ71LP21-25, QJ71LP21GE and QJ72LP25GE. QJ71LP21-25 vs. QJ71LP21GE: 1.) transmission speed (10/25 MBit/s) and distance are different 2.) fibre obtic cable and plug are different QJ72LP25GE is used for remote I/O's. I used it together with QJ71LP21GE. The configuration is easy and the handling too, but like waynes said, the module's are not cheap. Hope it helps. Greet Roger

As was mentioned above, there are two models with two different fiber connectors. One does use the more expensive connectors, and the other a more standard connector. One uses 125 micron fiber and the other 62.5. I would search out the manuals at www.meau.com in the Downloads section and see which is which.

Hi Waynes, Roger, Crossbow.... Thanks for your advice. Really I was confuse to choose the Melsecnet/h module with FO. I was design with coaxial cable QJ71BR11 & QJ72BR15 before. Now....they need to change to Fiber Optic cable instead of Coaxial. I have little knowledge for FO network. Application is from Master to Remote i/o at each floor in the building. Hope you guys can lead me to the right module. Thanks & best regards, Steve

Hi Steve, QJ71LP21-25 uses SI/QSI cable with C7003 connectors, QJ72LP25-25 has the same as QJ71LP21-25. QJ71LP21GE uses GI62/125um cable with DL6-CP connectors, QJ72LP25GE has the same as QJ71LP21GE. Also important is the distance. The xxx-GE modules are cheaper. Greet Roger spec.bmp Edited by roger10