Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLCnut

CX - Designer Problem

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I am experiencing a problem with CX-Designer, occasionally I will loose all the information in my design that defines the whether or not a screen is a "pop-up". I have a design that contains over 300 screens with almost 200 of them being "pop-ups". You can see that when this glitch occurs and I need to re-define which are pop-ups and which aren't, it is a very time consuming process. I suspect that the problem has to do with having multiple unsaved screens open at a time, but I am not sure. Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, how can I fix it? If I can't fix it, how can I consistently duplicate it so I can show my Omron rep and get a patch created...... Thanks for your help,

I'm not sure about your problem, but how come you have so many pop-ups? Are they all identical, and each have different addresses? ie. 32 valves = 32 popups, 52 motors = 52 popups? or is every pop up unique? If the answer is the latter, then I can't help you, if the former, then you could use the offset feature, I ahve this running quite well. Let us know your answer, and we will see if we can help.

I know this problem. Sometimes the P icon lost. When you copy several screens to another category. Try to use the CXONE Auto update. download all update this will might fix this problem. or wait for CXONE V2.0 You can find more information in this link http://www.fa.omron.co.jp/product_static/p...archive_en.html

Hey Guys, Most of my pop-ups are being used for error screens. When a specfic event occurs the PLC triggers the appropriate "pop-up" screen to try to tell the operator how to troubleshoot the machine. With a complex machine there are a lot of different things that can go wrong, hence our comprehensive error diagnosis screens which requires a lot of screens. Yes, I do lose the "P" icon which must be reset later on with every single screen. I think we are talking about the same problem. I will try the updates and let you know what happens.

have you considered using a single error screen with various frames as the troubleshooting section? this will eliminate the problems you are having.