Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrunkeN

ETN21 and PCU01

5 posts in this topic

Is there anyone who can succeed in communicating an old PCU01 on c200h series plc with a new ETN21 on cs series plc using SEND and RECV commands? or I have wasted my time with an conflict of generations situation? If it is possible can u help me about the points that I must pay attention? Edited by DrunkeN

The IP address of the ETN21 will have to be entered in the FINS to IP address table in the PCU01.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I have not given enough information about the situation, sorry for that. The network has a structure as 4 of C200 series PLC with PCU01 and SLK modules which were collecting data from their own sysmac link networks and sharing these between each other using SEND RECV commands for PC monitoring. Our purpose is to change one of them with a CS series PLC and ETN module. This one is critical in the structure for other networks not mentioned here. The network has no problems before so the tables you have suggested must entered correctly before. We - converted the program - changed the parameters in SEND RECV commands as compatible for the converted program in CS - gave the IP adress of the old PCU01 to new ETN. The monitoring PC in the factory can ping 4 PLCs in this condition .Altough We have tried all possibilities writing in the holy manuals, we can not succeed in communicating CS PLC with other 3 PLCs. Actually we have solved the problem temporarily using old c200h series to collect the datas as before but differently transfering them to cs1 with a new second sysmac link network but the situation is stilll confusing and in my opinion not completely solved. If someone tells me that there is hope :) I want to spend time at office. Thanks.

It sounds like you never set up the routing table in the New CS PLC.

One the possibilities we have tried is that. We have given a documentation consisting of a hosts file list and conversion table which was downloaded into PCU01 modules. Using the documentation We have entered the list of IP table with nodes in the special unit setup tab and changed the conversion method to IP table from combined,it does not work. Also the general communication is effected and the production line stopped.So we turned back to the initial settings and deleted the IP table. there is no information given that we can match and enter the new ETNs routing table section. Also old PCU01 configuration consists of a host file and a conversion table.