Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
S7Bruce

B&R Question

2 posts in this topic

Hi, In the plant were I work we have few pieces of equipment that have B&R PLCs in them. I have been playing around with PG2000 and Automation Studio. They seem to connect to the PLC ok but there does not seem to be a way to upload the program out of them. I want to upload them for archival purposes but I don't see a way to do it. I have one machine that where the vendor gave me a CD with a stripped down verson of B&R software that will only load the code into the PLC. The PLC code is on the CD too. The code for that one is written in C so I understand why it maybe couldn't be uploaded. Since I can reload it if needed that one is not a problem. The other machines are differnt machines/different manufacturers. I have no code for them or even know if they were written in Ladder, Statement List, ANSI C, or what. When I connect to them I can upload the hardware configuration. I am able to put them in and out of run and I suppose I could monitor variables if I knew the names of them. So how do I upload so I can archive the programs or troubleshoot? Thanks, Bruce

I think I would start by contacting them here. From what I have read from finds on google they are very helpful B&R Headquarters: Roswell, GA. B&R Industrial Automation Corp. 1325 Northmeadow Parkway, S-130 Roswell, GA 30076 Phone +1 (770)772-0400 Fax +1 (770)772-0243 office.us@br-automation.com