Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bryan372002

Ok here is my first plc project

18 posts in this topic

Ok guys here is the part of project one that i needed help with, and got chastized for not giving the complete program specs from another plc forum, however this step is the step i need the most hep with and should work according to spec regardless of what the other steps are. after I get this part working as sepcified i wll post the entire project and my solution to the problem at hand. .this Is my interpretation of the specs which seem to have been a big diasagreement, that i totally agree with because i had to get more specific info from the instructor before i could comprehend what was required here is exactly what the specs say. when the reverse switch is made and lights (lights mean switches according to the instructor...lol) 1 and 2 are on output 1 will be off and remain off until light 3 is made, output 1 will remain on after light 3 is turned off as long as lights 1 andd 2 are off. ( tought to read between the lines huh?) However after conversations with the instructor the quoted statement is what actually needs to happen and here is my solution. please critique and advise

No where in the spec does it say that the light 1 is allowed to come on when either sw1 or sw2 are off (no matter what sw3 is). My tendency would be to try this: --] [---+---] [------] [------] [---+---( ) rev | sw1 sw2 sw3 | L1 | | +---] [------]/[------------+ L1 turn off --] [------]/[---]/[---]/[---( ) rev sw1 sw2 sw3 turn off Edited by jstolaruk

That last statement in the spec is tricky. I need to revise it now that I looked at it some more: --] [---+---] [------] [------] [---+---( ) rev | sw1 sw2 sw3 | L1 | | +---] [--+---]/[------------+ L1 | turn off | | | +---]/[---]/[------+ sw1 sw2 --] [---+--] [---+---]/[---( ) rev | sw1 | sw3 turn off | | +--] [---+ sw2 Edited by jstolaruk

And one more time to simplify. --] [---+---] [------] [------] [---+---( ) rev | sw1 sw2 sw3 | L1 | | +---] [------]/[------------+ L1 turn off --] [---+--] [---+---]/[---( ) rev | sw1 | sw3 turn off | | +--] [---+ sw2 How's that look? Edited by jstolaruk

Sparky I realize no where in the spec does it say that light one was on with just inout 3 but after quizing the instructor that is what he wanted, go figure huh Question about your code? what is the output that you have labeled turn off, I mean is that just an internal bit used to tun off output 1? Thanks a bunch for your help

Who is Sparky lol? Yes, the "turn off" bit is an internal storage coil.

Sorry I guess it isnt you huh....lol Thanks istolaruk

The title you refer to depends on the number of post you have unless you give yourself your own title Hi, I'm New! <5 Newbie 5 Sparky 10 Expert (I think) 500 Propeller Head 1000 After that who knows, I'm guessing the next step is 5000

Sparky is an nickname given to Electricians, if your good. If not is probably Bomb Bomb or something.

Like I said you can change it if you wish. Notice Smokes says Automation Controls? And if you are going to stick around here go find yourself an avatar

At some point, not sure when, you can pick your own "handle", mine is "Hard Working Man"

I'm not sure since this feature was added but can't you change your "handle" at zero post now? Maybe a newbie or Chakorules can clarify this for us

I havent been able to find anywhere or way to change My handle

Goto your Control Panel and select "Edit Profile Information"

Yeah done that but I do not have that option of member title, guess cause im a newbie

Well get busy participating then