Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raydragon

Suggestions for starting from scratch

28 posts in this topic

I bought a kit which included the Promi port and a USB bluetooth adaptor - Mitsumi I think. Included all drivers, setup instructions for Omron - the whole lot.

I have only one USB port on my older IBM, Using a "IOGEAR" model GUH274, 4 port USB 2.0 hub and "Keyspan" model USA-19HS USB to serial adapter gives me no trouble at all. On a typical day I will use the blue tooth, as mentioned above, plugged into the 4 port USB device to talk with a plc, than use one of the serial port adapters to talk with a HMI, and another serial port adapter to talk with a servo. This is done with all three devices online with the laptop at the same time. I received a tip from a Omron tech about the Keyspan USB to serial port adapter. He said he used it everyday with no trouble, unlike others he tried. Hope this helps.

I use a Targus PA088 usb to serial so far I have had no trouble, and I often use it instead of my built in serial port because the lights on it often help me troubleshoot traffic between the two.