Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lmal

import / export tag

7 posts in this topic

first of all sorry for my poor english but it is well know that french are not able to speak another language I am new with the rslogix5000 and my company get a contarct with tis type of PLC, that why i have dowload the rslogix5000 v15 demo soft and my problrm is i am not able to import somthing from aa CSv file (alwys mismach or version error) For sure i making something wrong but where ? someone is able to explain me an easy way to do that (i am working under xp with office 2000) In advance thnks a lot

Can you post the file that you are trying to import? What is the minor version of you RsLogix 5000 demo (example 15.31)? If you don't wish to post your file can you atleast give cells A1 through B6?

thanks for your answer theres no probleme it was only an example i try to create base tag via exel and after that import it again in rslogix to safe time (actually it is not the case because it is not workink) hereafter may example issue of an export remark;"CSV-Import-Export" remark;"Date = Wed Aug 30 10:26:31 2006" remark;"Version = RSLogix 5000 v15.00" remark;"Owner = laurent" remark;"Company = demo" 0,3 TYPE;SCOPE;NAME;DESCRIPTION;DATATYPE;SPECIFIER;ATTRIBUTES TAG;"";"E_S_deportees:0:C";"";"AB:1794_IB16:C:0";"";"" ALIAS;"";"E_S_deportees:0:I";"";"";"E_S_deportees:I.Data[0]";"(RADIX := Binary)" TAG;"";"E_S_deportees:1:C";"";"AB:1794_DO16:C:0";"";"" ALIAS;"";"E_S_deportees:1:O";"";"";"E_S_deportees:O.Data[1]";"(RADIX := Binary)" TAG;"";"E_S_deportees:2:C";"";"AB:1794_IF4I:C:0";"";"" TAG;"";"E_S_deportees:2:I";"";"AB:1794_IF4I:I:0";"";"" TAG;"";"E_S_deportees:3:C";"";"AB:1794_OF4I:C:0";"";"" TAG;"";"E_S_deportees:3:I";"";"AB:1794_OF4I:I:0";"";"" TAG;"";"E_S_deportees:3:O";"";"AB:1794_OF4I:O:0";"";"" TAG;"";"E_S_deportees:I";"";"AB:1794_ACN15_8SLOT:I:0";"";"" TAG;"";"E_S_deportees:O";"";"AB:1794_ACN15_8SLOT:O:0";"";"" TAG;"";"marche";"marche pompe";"BOOL";"";"(RADIX := Decimal)" TAG;"";"Ordre_de_marche";"commande equipement";"BOOL";"";"(RADIX := Decimal)" problem is if i add one ligne or modify something i am not abble to import in rslogix

I think the problem here is the "Regional and Language" settings in Windows. A .csv file from my system (US English) looks like this: remark,"CSV-Import-Export" remark,"Date = Wed Aug 30 08:35:47 2006" remark,"Version = RSLogix 5000 v15.01" remark,"Owner = Software Admin" remark,"Company = " 0.3 TYPE,SCOPE,NAME,DESCRIPTION,DATATYPE,SPECIFIER,ATTRIBUTES TAG,,TestDateTime,"","DateTime_Type","","" TAG,,Test_CurrentDate,"","BOOL","","(RADIX := Decimal)" TAG,,Test_Result,"Day of Week$N 0 = Sun, 1=Mon, 2=Tues, 3=Wed, 4=Thur, 5=Fri, 6=Sat","DINT","","(RADIX := Decimal)" TYPE,SCOPE,NAME,DESCRIPTION,DATATYPE,SPECIFIER,ATTRIBUTES TAG,MainProgram,DOW_Century,"Century or upper two digits from the year","DINT","","(RADIX := Decimal)" TAG,MainProgram,DOW_Day,"Day of the Month 1-31","DINT","","(RADIX := Decimal)" TAG,MainProgram,DOW_InputDate,"","DateTime_Type","","" The key line for the problem you are having is line 6. If I change the "0.3" to 0,3" I get the following error message: Error: Line 6: Import Export version mismatch. Expected version is 0.3. Check Import Export version syntax. Try editing the file manually to replace the "0,3" on line 6 with "0.3" and see if that works for you. I doubt you want to change your Regional and Language settings just for this. It's probably easier to work around it. It's kind of odd that RSLogix seems to use the Regional and Language settings when exporting, but then seems to forget them when it imports. Good luck (Bon Chance?) Edited by mellis

It looks to me like you need to change the semi-colons to commas. I never remember exactly the format that is needed, so I build a small program in RSLogix first, then export the tag database to a CSV. Then I can edit that database/CSV with all of the right information in the right format before importing it back in.

OZEE, I checked and it looks like you were correct. The semicolons need to be replaced with commas as well. Basically, it needs to look like my example. (Replace ; with , ) Just to clarify, Imal *did* generate his sample by exporting from RSLogix5000. It's just that his computer is set up for French and the standard characters for separator and decimal point are different. Edited by mellis

Don't know if this will help, but it looks like you are trying to define your IO thru your CSV. I could not find cards of the type you have defined. The attached zip file contains the following five files for you to examine. 1. Trial_0.ACD is an RSlogix 5000 program with your processor and IO cards defined. 2. Trial_0-Tags.csv is the exported csv from Trial_0.acd. 3. Trial_1-Tags.csv is the csv I created to import into Trial_0.acd. It contains some tags for inputs and outptus. 4. Trial_1.acd is the RSlogix 5000 program with the csv tags imported. 5. Import1.csv your file as a csv. Let me know if this helps. By the way. I did also convert your posted file to a csv and the 0,3 had to be changed to 0.3. Trial.zip