Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest atsamata4u

fx2n ethernet

23 posts in this topic

Hello all, I would like to buy an ethernet module to connect to my fx2n. Does such a thing exist? I want to extract info from the plc with VB through tcp/ip. thanks,

Based on my last discussion with Mitsubishi, Ehternet adapter does not exist, at least I am not aware of it. We are currently working to made Ethernet RS422 adapter for FX PLCs based on XPORT device from lantronix. Prototype device should be available in the next few weeks. The only problm I see so far is a high price of XPORT module. Let me know if you need more info. Alex micromet@adelphia.net

Alex, Yes I know that mitsubishi has no ethernet adapter and I know that lantronix already makes an adapter called cobox dinrail. I have an application procedure for this method if you would like a copy. Anyways this method uses encapsulation method(rs232-ethernet) to talk to the plc. I just did some more digging and found out that kepserver has some nice stuff that might work with the cobox, i'm just afraid at how much it will cost! btw how much do the little cobox things go for $.

I saw cobox dinrail, just don't know the price. XPORT cost $49 in low qty Keep in mind, cobox requiers external power source. Our design will be one piece adapter similar to our FX USB adapter we sell. I hope we can draw power from FX CPU (about 200ma). In any case our price will be over $100 As far as I understand Xport works as RAW data converter rs422/rs232 - Ethernet. It should also support all data transfers if you access it directly over TCP/IP with the same data format.

sounds great keep me posted check your pm

I believe that Mitsubishi will be releasing an ethernet module for the FX2N range later this year, so I am told....

As i understand it from my discussions with Mitsubishi corporate engineering services last week, they are not in the process of releasing an Ethernet module for the FX2N. The idea has been tabled, but the product has not been designed or even approved. So it looks like serial to Ethernet adapters are the way to go for now. Call Mitsu and tell them you want this! Maybe if there is enough demand, we will get one!

An ethernet module has been developed for the FX2n but not offically released.

This discussion was up many times over different sites: Mitsubishi Ethernet module for FX is developed by Beijer and sold in Europe ONLY. It will not be for sale in US at least for now, because Mitsubishi wants FX to be cheap and simple product and not compete with larger PLCs. Info from Mitsu-Euro Site In US plccables.com released their prototype FX-Ethernet module as an adapter. It will be sold as DIN-Rail module next month. Edited by PLC_Cables

Appears to be a great product. I like it. ;)

You can find the ethernet module at http://www.mitsubishi-automation.de/products.html The COM-ET10-T communications module enables connection of FX family PLCs to Ethernet networks. It is installed on the left side of the controller with an adapter module (FX1N-CNV-BD, FX2N-CNV-BD or FX2NC-CNV-IF). With a the COM-ET10-T installed the PLC can exchange data quickly and easily with process visualisation systems, and it is also possible to perform diagnostics and programming from any location in the network. The module provides upload, download and debugging functionality via the Ethernet for the entire MELSEC FX family. The unit has a standard RJ45 connector and uses the TCP/IP protocol. It also features an integrated web server. This server can be configured and expanded in accordance with the user’s needs but it also comes with a set of standard HTML pages that can be used to display current system status and predefined data words of the connected PLC system.

I was told, that COM-ET10-T is not for sale in the US. Some markeitng intrests involved. It may be for sale in Europe.

So, as of today in America... What is the way to connect FX2N to Ethernet?

PLCCables.Com has an Ethernet module for FX2N. That's one way. The COBOX from Lantronix is another. At this point, Mitsubishi has no Ethernet offering for FX in US.

This is somewhat of a work around, but it has been working great for me in the application I have. I have been using an E300 HMI with the ETTP ehternet option card. This gives you full ethernet access to the fx2n through the HMI. You can also use the applet from Beijers to access the HMI through a web browser. Since the HMI has its wn FTP,Mail, and web servers, it gives you lots of options for ethernet access. Finally if paired with Kepware's OPC server, you can connect to the FX2N via OPC or DDE. One disapointment though, Mitsubishi's MelDDE ( only about $100) doesn;t support access through ethernet encapsulation. Hope this helps. Chuck Adomanis cadomanis@hudsonscenic.com

In europe there is an ethernet module. But this module is especially designd by the german distributor. this module is placed to the left of the fx2n. greetz Jimbo

There is a module available in the USA now, the FX2NC-ENET-ADP. It doesn't allow networking of the PLCs like cclink, malsecnet, etc... but does allow you to monitor and program the PLCs.

The FX2NC-ENET-ADP is new to the US, but it will allow you to connect an FX1S/FX1N/FX2N/FX2NC to Ethernet. Keep in mind it is a serial to Ethernet adapter, connects to the serial extension port on the LEFT of the CPUs, and in the FX1N/FX1N/FX2N requires a converter board to connect to PLC. If you're already using a board, you can't use this module. Another note, it requires a virtual com port driver on your PC, to assign an IP address to a COM port. COM-IP from Tactical Software is the recommended solution.

If it's a serial to ethernet converter, and the FXes support plc to plc networking via serial, what stops it from networkin' over enet? It seems the PLC wouldn't even know.

Has anyone actually used the com-et10-t module? I am able to set the module up but i cannot communicate with it. Has anyone got any sample code? Thanks

The way the FX2NC-ENET-ADP is programmed is settings in a block of data registers. I don't think the PLC knows what the module is or does, since the module has the capacity to check D1000, D2000, D3000 for it's config block. But I am fairly certain that the module does not support PLC networking options. I have a copy of the manual (not yet posted to www.meau.com) I can attach.

Evidently there are several versions of this ethernet adapter for different markets, but all are essentially the same and don't support netw-orking. I did find this thing: http://www.modtronix.com/product_info.php?...products_id=102 that's cheap ($55) and when used with a 485bd can provide ethernet networking. That lantronix thing is too expensive at $350 a pop. I'm gonna buy one and see what's involved in using it as a 485 / enet converter.

Yes, there is a Eathernet module for FX2N. Please mail to eswaran_kumar@rediffmail.com. Since the file size little big. I am not sure the catalog can be shared in this form. Regards, Kumar Eswran