Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gruntstripe

E300 HMI to S7 200 lead

3 posts in this topic

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to make up a 9W (S7 end) to 25w (E300 end) cable ie which pins connect to each other? I found a drawing in th E-series manual but dont understand it because a); I'm thick and b); more than 9 pins are used at the 25W end. Its probably not even relevent to my application. I have previously made up a lead to connect to an FX 24 (25W to 25W) and FX0 (25W to mini din) and they worked fine but I dont have access to the manual with all the drawings anymore. Any help greatly appreciated.

If you just need to convert from 25 pin to 9 pin try this. This standard for RS232C communications. 9 to 25 Pin Adapters The following table shows the connections inside a standard 9 pin to 25 pin adapter. 9-Pin Connector > 25 Pin Connector Pin 1 DCD > Pin 8 DCD Pin 2 RD > Pin 3 RD Pin 3 TD > Pin 2 TD Pin 4 DTR > Pin 20 DTR Pin 5 GND > Pin 7 GND Pin 6 DSR > Pin 6 DSR Pin 7 RTS > Pin 4 RTS Pin 8 CTS > Pin 5 CTS Pin 9 RI > Pin 22 RI Edited by IO_Rack

Thanks IO_Rack, However since posting I've realised that connecting the Bejiers (Mistsubishi) HMI to a Siemens plc is not as 'easy' as connecting it to a Mitsi plc! The HMI RS422 signal needs to be converted to RS485 and vice versa so it looks like I may have to invest in a special lead with some level/protocol conversion bits in it.