Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest John Ordain

SLC and Analog Flex IO

5 posts in this topic

I have a 504 revision A that I want to connect to some analog Flex IO modules using RIO. I know that only revision C has block transfer capability. Is it possible to get the analog and configuration data from these modules using the the MO/M1 files in the SLC or any other method without replacing the CPU? Thanks for the help. John

Don't quote me on this, but, I belive that you can upgrade the firmware on your CPU to a C. Is there some reason you are going to use RIO? I have a 5/04's and Flex I/O but I prefer using DNet. That way I can map the I/O directly to the SLC's addressing. Just a personal preference. Not a big fan of RIO.

Thanks for the suggestions. I like RIO because I can configure it all within Rslogix (doesn't need a second app like RSNetworxs) and also 3 low voltage wires. Can you give me some general low down on devicenet? Distance limitation, cabling types, etc.

For starters, you won't be able to configure it without RSNetWorX..bummer huh? There are two kinds of ratings: Thin cable and Thick Cable. Which refers to the truck cable size. Seems like 300 Feet sticks out in my head, I'll have to look it up in the catalog tomorrow morning.

Here are some specs on DNet; Flat Cable Thick Cable Thin Cable 125k bit/s 420m(1378 ft) 500m(1640 ft) 100m(328 ft) 250k bit/s 200m(656 ft) 250m(820 ft) 100m(328 ft) 500k bit/s 75m(246 ft) 100m(328ft) 100m(328 ft) 20ft max drop lengths, daisy chain is not a must, repeaters can be used to increase lenth.