Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sandytay

Programmable terminals (HMI)

11 posts in this topic

Hi, Anyone know which HMI is the best among its providers? Anyone has used Omron's HMI? What are the comments?

Hi sandytay, It is hard to say which is the best. Decision is mead based on price, compactibility to the system, getting technical support, etc.,. If you prefer OMRON HMI, you can get many of docs by googling the net.

You can find many of the docs right here at mrplc's download section and also get excellent support right here at mrplc's Omron forum. It's probably better than Omron support.

What type of PLC are you connecting to???.....do you want multi vendor support ??? My two favs are the Omron NS screen and MONITOUCH.....

all the features look the same and I have not bought HMI from any vendor before. Don't know what is important when choosing a HMI. Would like some comments on the brands. anyone can help to give me advice? thanks

We use tons of AB VersaView CE 1000H, PanelView 550 to 1000, Cuttler Hammer PanelMates, and Cimplisity HMI. Though the PanelMates aren't as fancy as the AB VersaView they are super simple to program. Dont even need a book, just a sample program to look at. I love'em Edited by Smoke

In this web you can see some vendors of HMI (SCADA y Touch Screen) http://www.infoplc.net/Enlace/Enlaces_SCADA.htm I use Omron NS, this HMI works good i test proface (it´s good) and ESA (dont like so much) ...

Why not start with the vendor that makes your PLC? If it doesn't satisfy your needs look around for others. I've yet to find a good unbiased product comparison. (Please post a sites that may have these if they exist...) Edited by Nathan

I agree with the advice to start with your plc vendor. Also we are finding that we are going more and more to PC based hmi rather than proprietary vendor hmi. Someone always wants new data gathered. The Pc Based HMI allows us greater flexability.

Well Guyes I have used Mitsubishi GOT1000 series for my project , they have very nice compatibilty on wide plc brands . besides it has decent veiw area 312 x 240 pixel with 256 color . have many animations capabilities using moving parts , playing vedio . ect etc ..... with very decent price . its very good option . Edited by anas_eng

Definably agree with Bob here. You can use panel mount PCs (NEMA 4X, if necessary) anywhere where you would have used a specialized panelview type device. Make sure to get the data in an SQL database so that you can easily access and maintain it.