Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest jonnie75

Demo software

15 posts in this topic

I have heard that there is a demo version of software that will allow you to go online with a Mitsubishi FX plc. Has anyone heard of this or have a copy of this demo software? I would be greatly appreciative of any info. I am needing to look at one timer and possibly change the value of it.

Forgot to mention that I have tried this link from Paul416 from a previous post and does not seem to work anymore. http://www.industrial.meuk.co.uk/html/downloads/downloads_all.asp

Take a look here Medoc Download They have a version of Medoc, the old mitsu DOS system. This should do what you need. Paul416.

Thanks for the link. I was wondering if you might also know the comm. cable pinouts (for making my own cable) for using RS232 from Com1 to hookup to the PLC. I have tried searching online and I did not find anything in the manual that I looked in that shows that exact pinouts? Thanks again for the link.

Let me hook a brotha up! This site has very good information: Hardware Book Online I dunno for sure what you are trying to connect but here is a sample diagram from the above link: http://www.hardwarebook.net/cable/serial/nullmodem9to9.html

Here's a link to the FX Communication Manual. http://www.mitsubishi-automation.de/produkt....143.pdf

heres a scan of the Mitsu cable SC-09 SC-09 Paul416

Thanks for the .jpg of the cable. Looks like it might be a better idea to just purchase it.

Hey, Paul416 I was also told this demo version of software from http://www.mitsubishi-automation.de/service....win.zip would work with the FX family of plc's. If you ever get a chance ( I'm assuming you are probably very busy ) can you possibly verify this, I don't exactly have access to many Mitsubishi products.  I was wondering if that SC-09 cable works with this software. I spoke with an engineer and he was uncertain about the cable and software. Thanks for your time.

Melsec Medoc FX-Win will indeed program the FX series PLC's (FX, FX2, FX2c, FX0, FX0s, FX0n, FX2n), thought the demo version from the link is only good for 150 steps max. The SC- 09 cable will also so work fine with this piece of software, I believe it is the cable Mitsubishi ship with all programing software. Personaly I prefer the DOS version of medoc over FX-win. Paul416

Just out of curiosity: What does the Dos version of Medoc support? What's the current version? I spent Saturday afternoon trying to answer this question.

The last version of Medoc I have is V2.3 Supports:- F12/20, F40, F1, F2, F2u, FX0, FX0s, FX0n, FX, FXu, FX2C, FX2n, A0j2, A1, A1s, A1s-S1, A1s(J)h, A2, A2s, A2s-S1, A2sH, A2sH-S1, A2c, A3, A2a, A2a-S1, A2aS, A2aS-S1, A2aS-S30, A3a, A2u, A2u-S1, A2uS-S30, A2uSH-S, A3u. It will do FX1n, but you can not use some of the newer functions that are avaliable on GX Developer like 'Rising Pulse' and 'Falling Pulse' etc. Paul416.

Thanks for the prompt feedback Paul416, I will talk with the chain of command and see about getting a few goodies ordered if they are willing to invest the money on the equipment.

Hi there, can I have a label (name) of chip installed inside SC09 cable. Thanks in advance. Damir Petrinic

hi, I have a mitsubishi fxon-60mr-es and I want to load another program(using melsec medoc fx/win) but the plc is password protected, on the older versions of plc I could erase de memory simply by removing the battery, this one seems that doesn't have one, can anyone tell me what can I do to load another program sequence or to reset(bypass) the password? thanks in advance