Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naing

Citect V6.0 to A2SHCPU

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have now successfully communicate CITECT V6.0 with Mitsubishi A-series PLC (A2SHCPU) via serial port on CPU module. I mean it doesn't need additional C24 module for A-series. The easy way is to configure the IODevice in Citect using MXCOMP (MX-Component). MX-Component software should include in one of Citect installation CDs. Although the tool is TRIAL Version, it works just like full version with only limited number of stations. Any way it is excellent for P2P applications. Bravo!

We are using MX Component with Citect too. It makes communication very simple, if you can connect with Gx-Developer then you can connect with Mx-Component too. MX OPC Server may be used too. I think you should check if there is a time limit in the trial version. In my trial version it says: - The trial version software has a trial period of 7 days from first use. - This trial version has the same functions as its full license equivalent. By the way, what do you mean by P2P applications?

Well I tought so too until we run into situation where this wasn't true. We had two PLCs on a CC-link network, one was Q and other was QnA. We could connect to either PLC using GX-Developer 7.0 from G4 CC-Link slave (serial port) but MX-Components 3.0 would only connect to PLC which was configured as a CC-Link network master.