Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Nicknames from the world of PLC's

18 posts in this topic

Reading a post about Startup Alarms and a guy named "Nubs" got me thinking. How many cool and clean nicknames are there out there for people who work with PLC's. I'll start off the list and look forward to reading others. List not only the name but it's relative meaning. "Joe Relay" - The electrician who only understands relays not PLC's easily. "Thor" - That maintenance man whose tool belt contains the best collection of Hammers. "Nubs" - That poor maintenance soul who is missing an appendage or three. "Ivory Tower" - Area of the plant were maintenance thinks the engineering and management types live. Just a start I hope.

Well imagine that, everyone at work has a nickname and I can't think of a single one that is appropriate to post on this forum.

"Teflon" because even $hit won;t stick to them.. "Noddy" always falling to sleep "Gunna" ie gunna do this gunna do that..... i could go on an on....

"Ironside" Never gets out of the office chair

Reminiscent of the Soup Nazi of Seinfeld Lore, we have the hydraulic nazi, the vacuum nazi, the chiller nazi, and the computer nazi.

How about: FLASH: The great thinker that decides to short a circuit out rather than tracing it out and deenergizing it properly. LEGEND: The person that has such a high opinion of himself/herself regarding members of the oposite gender that they are a LEGEND in their own mind.

"Twister" -- The operator that, no matter how well the machine is running, just has to adjust something.

The guy I work with is called "Blister" Always shows up after the work is done.

lol Thats one i couldn't remember....1 of my fav's actually....

Whoopsie - Whoops I shut the plant down Rack 'em - Causes Rack faults Then there is the guy that shows up just after the problem is fixed just so he can take credit (still needs a nickname besides a**h$$$)

Pockets ---- The co-worker that no matter whats going on, always is standing there with his/her hands in there pockets.

Boom Boom --- I once worked with a sparky that found the worst place for a screwdriver and high voltage.

Fireball -- The name says it all...

Related perhaps ?

Theres a guy here I call "Side Cutter" because anytime we are moving equipment or have to rewire something he will just cut all the dang wires leaving us no idea where anything goes. Once he cut a fiber optic sensor. I said "You realize I can't splice that right" I got an "oops" in reply, wish I could have charged the $500 bucks for the new sensor to him, that would teach him real quick.

"Ten Thumbs" this is the maintenance guy who will cross thread a catchup bottle at the worst possible time, also good for melting the leads on his meter and yours if you let him use it....

Sleprocks: From the Flintstones, the guy that no matter what he did it went wrong. Sleprocks is what we call operators that will always find a way to break a machine. Arm chair warriors is what we call certain management presonel. Think the name explains itself. Smoke: These are tech that just vanish whenever work needs to be done. It is like that vanish is a puff of smoke. Human Wiggies: Techs that find out a circuit is still live the hard way. We have several more but those are my favorites.

Blister is the best!!!! SPARKY- Self Explanatory Edited by cmoore73