Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DrZivago

Ethernet communication with VB and CX server v2.4.1.12

34 posts in this topic

Ok, so now I understand. If I want to talk to the ETN unit, I do 11, but if I want to read/write to the PLC memory I do 00. Thank you Jay

Is multiway supposed to be an exe? I cant seem to run it.

See what you mean, and at the download comments I see you're not the only one. I just thought since the file was updated since it was fixed. Never used the tool so can't tell really.

Yeah, I gett a different error, but it means roughly the same thing. Mine has to do with ActiveX. ActiveX is a very bad way to program in my experience unless you only distribute your program with a known installer that can properly register the ActiveX. I imagine that both of our errors are caused by the fact that there is something that program is looking for, and unless we have the registry key and/or put this in the same file directory as it was compiled in the program wont work for us. Edit: I just looked at your error further, and your error gives me some clue. He used an ActiveX component for Winsock. WindowsXP comes with winsock2, so I imagine part of the problem could be caused by this being compiled on an older version of windows, maybe? Edited by ChrisKozanecki

... I am using an older version of Multiway(version 3.1). This version has a 'setup.exe' and some install files with total file size of over 2.5Mb. So not sure that the version available here is complete ? Nibroc

I would be interested in seeing how a funtioning version works because I am interested in some ideas for how to Error Handle this program I am writing. UDP sure isn't very friendly in that aspect. I ordered an ETN21 Today though so hopefully I will be able to try out the TCP side of things next week.

Microsucks has a program called "Depends" that finds missing dlls for a program. I will place it in the downloads esction - Omron - Utilities. It has got me out of trouble before. I have Multiway V3 but I also have missing dlls. You may be able to find them at Microsucks website.

OK Guys. Sorry to make confusion. About two weeks ago, I thought I was updating the Multiway download to Version 6.2, Seems that it was only a patch file. Here is the complete install. Multiway V6.2 @ MrPLC.com

Thanks Jay I will look at it monday when I get to work