Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

autocadd add in

10 posts in this topic

Thanks to Mrplc.com for the autocadd electrical add in files. Just what I have been looking for

No problems! I am trying to make time for an upgrade to this package. What kinds of other things to do suggest for version 2.0?

This add in has been a big time saver. Does this exist for mechanical items? have a friend who designs mechanical things, such as mechanical modifications etc. for machinery who was using autocad R14 that had a mechical type toobar. he said that his company updated everyone to Autocadd 2000 and now he does not have the mechanical toolbar, that the only way to get it is to order the Autocadd Mechanical version, but his company upgraded everyone to Autocadd 2000 standard.

you know what...I might be able to help....I have stuff like bolt heads etc...but it's a menu that is built around the BUTTONS and TOOLBARS, not a pop out window like the Electrical stuff is. Should I just post it here for you only or is there anyone else that is interested in this and should I put it in the downloads? It's not really a PLC topic download.....but I like helping anyway I can.

I wouldn't mind more addins. Anything to save some time and effort.

How tough would it be to create "automatic" line numbers?

Like how would you want it to work? click an ICON, then click an insert point, then tell it the starting number and how many?

Yes. Thats pretty much how I imagined it. Maybe also, number of columns. I like to be lazy whenever possible. Currently I don't use line numbers, mainly because I usually don't have enough control wiring to require it. Most of my projects are PLC controlled so most of the drawings are I/O.

Not sure if you have posted yet, but this add in is such a time saver that it would be great to post on the download page. I work for a major company and have showed quite a few of the other guys in my area the add in for the electrical parts, and they also think it is the great. I also help some at the electronic lab at the local community college, and the kids who have went to this site whenever I have my laptop connected have downloaded the add in and copied it to a cd in order to put on there laptop or home pc. I work mostly with the omron, but use a lot of mitsubishi and direct plc products at work ( try to use only omron when possible ) and have to draw up the autocadd schematics whenever i make a modification or whenever we develop a new piece of equipement and usually just sketch my stuff up on note paper, and if time allows draw it up in autocadd, but with the toolbar, i can now draw it up with autocadd as quick as just sketching on note paper. thanks again. Just for everyones info, the toolbar add in works for autocadd lt 97 as well as 2000. I have tried it for both.

I finished the bolts add-in http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?&act=Down...&CODE=02&id=166