Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MIKE31

AB SLC 5/03 processor

5 posts in this topic

HI I need someone to clarify if I am missing the point . As I understand when a new program is downloaded to processor then the previous program in the processor is overwritten another words for example I have two outputs which are on in the old program then I decide to go off line still those outputs are on now I down load new program which all output are off, when I go on line still those two outputs from previous program still on (AND THE ONLY WAY THAT I CAN PUT THEM OFF IS TO GO TO DATA TABLE AND RESET THOSE OUTPUTS MANUALLY ie:REPLACE THEM BY ZERO ) and if I am not wrong then the outputs from old program must be off because the all outputs are overwritten by the new program down load process why those output are still on after the downloading Is it possible that something wrong with the processor itself I hope you can figure out my point THANKS MIKE31

the best you can do is to try posting rungs with your outputs or maybe the whole program. i'm not quite sure what are you trying to do but it sounds ike you are latching some bits. if they are set in your RSS file, they will turn on outputs once PLC is running this program. if you want to automatically reset something on powerup, use bit S:1/15 to reset whatever you like.

Do you have an example of the use of this S:1/15 bit to reset the data table? Thanks.

Fill 13 consecutive registers of the file B3 starting from B3:20 with value 33: ----|S:1/15|--------------[FLL B3:20 33 13] Fill file B3 (50 registers) with zero: ----|S:1/15|--------------[FLL B3:0 0 50]

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.ph...=&threadid=7758