Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Anthony

Omron Adressing

4 posts in this topic

Guest_Nasir Ashfaq : Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com I/O is addressed on an Omron rack PLC by the slot number to which the module is mounted. If the module is mounted in slot 0, then the addresses would be 0.00 through 0.15. If the module is mounted in slot 1, then the addresses would be 1.00 through 1.15. It does not matter whether it is an input or an output module. Analog I/O is somewaht different. Each analog I/O module has a rotary selector switch located on the front of the module called the Unit#. The formula for calculating the address in 10*Unit#+100. For example if the Unit# is 5, then the address is 150 ((10 5)+100).

Guest_Nasir Ashfaq: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com Please address all questions to this forum so that others may benefit from the answers. Please give me the CPU and the Analog Module Part Number. From your description, I have no idea which module that you are using.

Guest_Nasir Ashfaq: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com The CQM1-AD041 has a dipswitch with 10 pins: For four 4-20 ma current inputs, set the switches as follows. Pin 1, 3, 5, 7 are on. Pin 2, 4, 6, 8 are off. Pin 9 is on. Pin 10 is off. The broken wire light will be on unless all four inputs have a least 3.8ma of current. If one input is not used, then the broken wire light will be on.

Guest_Nasir Ashfaq: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com Since you are using CQM1, the addressing is a little differnt. Input modules start with 000 and output modules start with 100.