Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tstevic

Bluetooth To A C200HX

7 posts in this topic

I would like to use Omron's bluetooth adapter to communicate with a C200HX. I built an adapter cable to make the Promi SD202-OA match the pinout of a PC. I have verified the operation of the adapter cable by plugging into a CS1W-CN226 and connecting to a CJ1. All is good. When I change to a CQM1-CIF02 connected to a C200HX, CX-One gives me an error that the selected port is in use by another application. (yes, I have the Promi powered by an external power supply) I suspect that CX-Server is being invoked differently when selecting a CS/CJ and a C series. Is there a method to force CX-Server to connect to the C200HX without the error? TIA Tom

I want to try this myself but have not had time.

Tom: We came up with this error in class and I believe that the error is erroneous. The error should say "set peripheral port for hostlink 19.2K,7,E,2" I will forward it on to our bluetooth expert.

Looking through our guru's notes, I found the problem: The Data Length is fixed at 8 bits. The PLC port must be configured to use 8 data bits. The CXP error message is incorrect. It is actually complaining about the framing which defaults to 7 bit.

Settings for port are Sysmac-way 8,1,N , 115200 (for CX- Programmer), if you follow the instructions in Promi-SD202-OA_manual(v1.0).pdf from omron

The bluetooth will work with built in serial port (with no extra power, or special cable at the PLC side), however the max baud is 19200. This is true for C200HE, not sure if the C200HX is the same.

Tom Jay Anthony is correct. The key is setting up the C200H Alpha port to Hostlink, 8 data bits (8, None, 1 for example). For the sake of example, use 19,200. The Promi device only supports 8 data bits. Then in CX Programmer, configure CX Programmer for Hostlink, 8, None, 1, and 19,200 as shown above. Also make certain that DIP switch 5 is off. This is the override switch to force both peripheral and hostlink ports to Hostlink, 9600, 7, Even, 2. The error that you are seeing about the port being in use by another application is the mismatch in framing between CX Server and the virtual port that PromiWin creates. PMCR