Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DEVITG

about sysmac cqm1

8 posts in this topic

I had post this thread on general question. As it is the OMRON phorum , I post it here now . I had recieved two answer from dchartier and Jay Anthony , both helpful. My customer ask me to handle the following PLC SYSMAC CQM1 OMRON PROGRAMABLE CONTROLER PA206 CPU21 All I know : it is a PLC handling a wiegth and filling machine of french fryes and snack chips. My need is to get or buy the software , cable and interfase. On of my worst concerns is that it seem to be runing under MAC/ Could it be so? I only handle WIN or Dos __________________ GABRIEL

Jay has already answered you on plcs.net with respect to the software. CX-Programmer only runs on Windows. I use XP and find it OK but any flavour of Windows from (preferably) 98SE up will be OK. Have no tried it on straight 98 or 95.

Previously posted on PLCs.net: What else do you need? Manuals? How to make cables? Program discussion? Please ask detailed questions and we will all try to help.

Hi Jay and BobB, I had post in this forum , because it is the OMRON dedicated one. Monday morning I will try to contact with the OMRON dealer in my country, after it I will know what else I can require from you. Up to day the only data I have is the PLC model. Thanks in advance.

If you need the cable just for backup than maybe you shouldn't spend money on accessories. If you can handle soldering, then you can prepare your own cable to connect to the RS232 port: COMPUTER 9pin FEMALE <-----> PLC 9pin MALE RX pin(2) ---------------------------- pin(2) TX pin(3) ---------------------------- pin(3) SG pin(5) ---------------------------- pin(9) RTS pin(7) ---------------------------- pin(5) CTS pin(8) ---------------------------- pin(4) DTR (4) short to DSR (6) on computer side. the last three (RTS, CTS and short) are needed only if you will use the cable for some display programming. note 1: The PLC PORT might be programmed for several types of communication protocols and parameters. If you move DIP SWITCH 5 to ON, then the serial port will be fixed at: Baud rate: 9600 Data bits: 7 Parity: E Stop bit: 2 Address: 00 This might be very useful. note 2: The program might be locked with a password. In that case, maybe you will not be able to upload the program. note 3: This PLC is an old version. The new PLC's that should be used as replacement are CQM1H series, pcu21 or 51. Gili

Thankyou Gili. I made your corrections. Edited by Jay

Ok , up to day I have the Cable , Jay offer me the manual. Where and how I can get the software? :*-(

You will have to purchase the software to get a license number. If you can use DOS software, then you can program the CQM1 with this package. Download it here: LSS3.02 Ladder Support Software Here are the links to the manuals: CQM1 Installation Manual CQM1 Programming Manual Please give us 24 hours to get them linked in the download section.