Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buckaroo

Cat#1747-DPS1 RS232/DF1 Port Splitter

27 posts in this topic

I put a 1747-DPS1 in line with a Pro-face AGP4105-G1-D24 HMI and a MicroLogix 1000. It has allowed me to be online with the MicroLogix without unplugging the HMI. It is working great. I tried to put one in between a 1747-NET-ENI and a MicroLogix 1500. The 1747-NET-ENI is hooked to an Hirschmann Spider 5TX swith which in turn is connected to a PanelView 700+, an SLC 5/05, PowerFlex 70, and a PC via ethernet. strange results. The PanelView still worked great and I was able to get online with my laptop using the DPS1. The 5/05 and the PowerFlex 70 did not communicate with the 1500 however. My local AB "expert" is at a loss and is contacting AB. Will let you know what I find out.

I've used 1747-DPS1 with SLC5/03 and NAIS GT-11 (currently Panasonic) display. According to my records: - The PLC must be connected to the splitter "Controller" port. - The display and PC may be connected to other two ports in any combination. - The PC may be plugged/unplugged hot. - The GT-11 falls into error and requires power restart if plugged hot. - IMPORTANT: The PLC must establish communication first, otherwise the DF1 network stops functioning. If the display boots faster than the PLC, it must be powered after at least 15 sec after the PLC is powered up (I used a physical PLC output with a software delay to apply the display power). Edited by Sergei Troizky