Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dellae

CX-ONE - how to use it?

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I was OT with this in another thread and couldn't sort it so have started a new one. Just to recap I have taken over an existing plant with a reasonable number of omron systems. (PLCs servo etc) ( I am not Omron experienced) It has had a number of different programmers working across the site and they have not left backups of what they have done. We have CX-One v6.1 licensed. I have in most cases old copys of systems code, when I go online the compare fails as expected. When the compare fails you are dropped offline and then your only option is to Upload into a new project. What I want to do is mesh the existing old documented project code with the existing CPU running undocumented code so I have at least a reasonable documented project backup of what exists. In the other thread I was told to 'ctrl+shift+T' to download. The trouble is this wipes out the project that you have open and downloads the undocumented code from the cpu. I know there are other systems that this works in so was hoping I could do it with Omron. So far I have been copying and pasting but this is very slow, especially for some of the larger systems on site. Does anyone know if it is possible to do this and if so how?

I thought that there was an option to use the comments of the PC when you upload them...

I have never lost the documantation when uploading a later revision of the software from the PLC.

If you upload into a new project yes you get comments & tags, but you do not get section names or rung comments. I see in the online help it makes mention of the fact that you can select what to up/download, but I can not find the selection in the menu (only greyed out) so I presume I must have a setting wrong somewhere. With the new CJ1 projects our better programmers save all documentation on the cpu which is good. Unfortunatly, some programmers feel they can hold you to ransom even when they have been paid on an hourly rate to undertake work. I am slowly getting rid of the older C200 machines so it is becomming less of an issue.

Have a look at File - Save Comment/Program. You can export your comments here. There is also an import function to import back.

Yes I have used this. If rung comments were added, (and there was no allocation for them in the old project) when you do an import the code and comments are not aligned correctly. If there was an allocation for a rung comment (imbedded in program) even it is empty, then the import works ok. I had to do a section by section import at a time.

Unfortunately, if the comments were not rung allocated, you will have to do them by hand.

Yes, that works if; All rung comments in the old project have place holders in the CPU code. eg; if someone has deleted a rung comment or a rung that has a comment associated, when you try to do your import it will not line up. It's as though the internal pointers are thrown into disarray, as it mixes up the code and comments in some sort of random pattern and this is when you have to do a rung by rung copy & paste of the rung comments. (I say random but there probably is some pattern to it.)