Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_shadow

REMOTE I/O SLAVES

13 posts in this topic

Hi everybody; I will do a project with approxiametly 25 remote i/o's with CJ1G-45H CPU, before this project i made a project with DRT2 Series slaves, but for my new project i have only 4 weeks to make the machine ready to produce and the bad thing is Omron in my country told me that i can get DRT2 slaves approxiamtely 10 weeks. So in this situation i couldn't use DRT2 slaves, so i'm looking for alternative protocol to devicenet it can be only profibus, because the nearest date to get SRT2 (Combobus) slaves is 10 weeks also.I have two alternative for devicenet remote i/o's one is PHONEIX CONTACT other is WEIDMULLER. For profibus i have three alternatives PHONEIX, WEIDMULLER, VIPA.(SIEMENS is expensive) My first question to the friends according to their experiences i have not enough time for making this project and i didn't use profibus before will it be hard to do this project with profibus?or does it like devicenet? My second question is if i choose devicenet which brand will be the easiest one to Integrate PHONEIX OR WEIMULLER? same question for profibus. My last question is: i Think for profibus i must integrate these brands slaves GSD files to OMRON CPU and for devicenet i must integrate these brands slaves ESD files to OMRON CPU. Am i correct? The time is going on and i must solve this problem, but i need some experience i couldn't find it in my country because there is only one person is related with plc systems in omron central office and he is on holiday and the other automation suppliers here rarely use fieldbus technologies. If someoene help me i will be too happy:) I'm in very difficult situation. THANKS EVERYONE

Hi What about using AB Remote I/O and still use deviceNet. I'am using Profibus CJ1W-PRM21 (master). You will need CX-profibus to setup the comms. Profibus works very god for me. It is very fast. I'am reading/writing 16 PID controllers at 10-15 mSec. You will need a GSD file for the IO card. This GSD file you can import into CX-profibus. Regard Banker

It takes a lot of time to get AB prducts in my country and they are too expensive:) The price offer for the system was given with Omron prices with their special discounts. So in this case i couldn't use their slaves.

Have you thought about Beckhoff Rodney

are the remotes in 1 loc or more? could use a CPM1 with DRT or another CJ1MCPU11 with io and link on master slave bus...

beckhoff is not much used brand in my country and the customer only wants devicenet or profibus. I think i will use profibus with VIPA Remote I/O's but in this situation i don't have any idea for configurating the Profibus. Normally i use CX-ONE programming suite but i think for configuration of the bus i need CX-profibus, am i correct? And also for profibus what must be the steps i really don't know how to interface, can anybody tell me what must i do step by step for digital remote i/o configuring.

Beckoff is both Devicenet and Profibus and is quite inexpensive to purchase. For profibus configuration I used a software package called Sycon produced by HMS Fieldbus System AB Rodney

I think i will use profibus with VIPA Remote I/O's but in this situation i don't have any idea for configurating the Profibus. Normally i use CX-ONE programming suite but i think for configuration of the bus i need CX-profibus, am i correct? Yes you will have to use CX-profibus, this is included in CX-One. From VIPA you can get a GSD file. You will also need at Omron profibus master card CJ1W-PRT21. It is a good idea to by a "real" profibus cable and connector. Siemens have a Sub 9 pol. In this you can make daysi chain and there is also resistor for the end connection. You don't need any software settings for the profibus card. Set the Unit No. ex 0. Then Card Add. starts form CIO 1500. Banker

Thanks so muck Banker; But the problem is I have only Cx-One-Trial and in the trial version i couldn't see CX-Profibus.Maybe i have to buy the licenced one. Is there any way to configure slaves without using CX-profibus slaves. I Think the answer is no but i don't like spending money for software. Also my last question is what is prt21 and what is prm21?

Also my last question is what is prt21 and what is prm21? My mistake PRT21 is the slave unit, you need the master PRM21 Banker

What about Omron's latest product, Sliced I/O !

i leraned them today device look very good and modular but as they are new produzts they are expensive and the delivery date is too long.

Personally I like Beckhoff & Pheonix Contact. (I have used Devicenet but not profibus). All you need is the eds file, open the project with CX-Integrator, import the .EDS, add the module to the network (from the device tree) and assign the module address. Once you do this the device I/O is available at the Omron predetermined CIO addresses.