Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cltoh77

CP Communicate with DP/RS232C Link

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Geogres Renault CP CVI II controller, connected to ET200S thru DP/RS232C Link. Once Complete screw tighten, CVI II will send out report, I'm going to save the torque and angle inside PLC DB. I used Hyperterminal and tested with CVI II and DP/RS232C Link seperately, it work well, the setting is 9600,8,1,N. But I connect CVI II to DP/RS232C Link, this 2 device cannot communicate, attached 2 pictures is the CVI II report format and DP/RS232C Link communicate setting. Add-in DP card in CVI II is out of option due to $$$ . Any advice are deeply appreciated. Regards, cltoh77

May I know why this post nobody going to read? Is my title not attractive or not fit the topic? Just want to improve in my next post, don't make the same mistake again. Any input are appreciated. Thank you.

I did see and read your post, but couldnt help you. I think that both the mentioned DP/RS232 Link and the special controller are a bit out of the ordinary. The chances of finding someone with experience with either are slim. You say that if you use Hyperterminal, then everything looks well. Does that mean that you have recieved data from the controller into Hyperterminal ? And if you send the same data from Hyperterminal to the DP/RS232 link then it is received correctly ? But if you connect them directly with each other, then they cannot communicate ?

Sorry for late reply, I had tried until today, still cannot get thru. Advise from George Renaunt is not recommend using DP/RS232C Link. But the have ware already there, so have to carry on. Will post again if I can get the communication. Edited by cltoh77