Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

c60h with c200 expansion rack

9 posts in this topic

have a question that I have not been able to find a answer to by reading the omron manual. Have some older equipment that have a omron c60h plc that also has a c200 expansion module with extra I/0. Is it possible to insert a omron serial board in the expansion rack and use the rxd and txd commands.

Wow! I knew it could be done, but I never thought anybody did it. About the only reason that a C200H expansion rack was used with a C60H was to use C200H Intelligent I/O (CT001, NC112, ASC02, etc.) with the base CPU. Good try, but the Hostlink modules that supported TXD and RXD are not compatible with the PIN and the POUT (PortIN and PortOut) instructions included with C60H. You could use an ASC02 module with the C200H expansion rack, but they are about $1200-$1300 dollars and really doesn't make any sense. Are you using the RS232 port on the C60H CPU? That's what the PIN and the POUT instruction are for, similar to TXD and RXD in later models.

thanks jay read your reply in another forum. the c200 expansion rack does have a ascii module that is being used to communicate to a scanner. going to look into replacing the nt20 display with a nt31 and try to connect the scanner directly into the screen. would appreciate any advice that you could give. Have been looking at the nt31 manual, but is a little confusing.

Make sure that the barcode reader can be setup with STX and ETX as header and terminator. If not, it won't workee.

thanks jay could you post a sample plc program for this

It doesn't need a PLC program. You define a string display on the touchscreen and tell it the PLC location that you want the number to appear.

Jay Could you post a sample screen and setup in order to store this in a data memory in a cqm1 or cqm1h to use a the barcode to read every scan.

Just place a character string object on the screen and follow the instructions.