Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buckaroo

S7-300

9 posts in this topic

Hi all. This is my first post so please be kind. I have no experience with Siemens so I am looking for some help. After browsing this forum and Siemens website I have the following questions(s). Does the Simatic Step 7 Lite V3.0 with service pack 1 that can be downloaded from the Siemens website allow you to monitor a program online or is it just a training tool? I need to troubleshoot a machine but I have no documentation or software so I am not sure how to proceed. Any help wil be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Download it and try if its free, personally I doubt it though, the freeby's are normally restricted in what you can do. If you don't want to buy, then I believe Siemens do sell limited licences now, not really 100% on that, but I'm sure I heard that somewhere. Should perhaps contact them and find out.

Hi Buckaroo! I think I should help you. I have some docs and softs for S7 family programming. 'Cause they are the part of STEP 7 programming software, should I attach the manuals in this forum?. If someone recommand to post them here I will follow it. Please be patient.

Thanks for the replies. I downloaded the software and am in the process of going over it. Also before I can do anything I will have to get the proper cables. Thanks again.

Hi Buckaroo. To "Does the Simatic Step 7 Lite V3.0 with service pack 1 that can be downloaded from the Siemens website allow you to monitor a program online or is it just a training tool?": You can monitor the program online with STEP7 LITE. The limitations of LITE as compared to the standard versions are: 1. Online connection via MPI only. No profibus and no ethernet. 2. Cannot configure distributed Profibus applications. All the i/o has to be in the main rack or the 3 additional racks connected via EMs. 3. Cannot configure any "connections". So you cannot communicate PLC-PLC or PLC-HMI via Send/Receive. However, a HMI can still poll the PLC by itself. 4. No option packages except S7-PLCSIM and Teleservice. No Graph, SCL, Higraph etc.

Thanks for the info. I have been going through the manual and readme files. This is what I was looking for but was in a hurry the other day and could not find it. No worries as far as network as I do not have any. Theese are stand alone machines. Again thanks for your reply and I may post another question later as I get deeper into this.

Buckaroo, Step7 lite is now free. You can download it off of here. Khek http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/l...tranet=standard

Khek, Thanks. I have already downloaded it and am in the process of checking it out. Any good tid bits of info or anything to help out is certainly welcome.

Buckaroo, Here is a link where you can download the getting started manual. It isn't too bad. If you do need the full blown step7 you can ask your local distributor for a trial copy. Good luck, Khek http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/l...cedownload=true