Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest John Deitz

DL06 ASCII out help!

2 posts in this topic

I am trying to talk to an intelligent stepper indexer with a dl06 through port 2 with RS422 wiring. The indexer accepts commands in ascii format using Hyperterminal with no problem (via laptop through FA-ISONET). But i can't get the indexer to accept the ascii output fom the dlo6. I can see the ascii output from the dl06 on the laptop, but the indexer doesn't react. I've tried dozens of combinations of appending characters, port configuration, byte swapping, etc. Very frustrating. Is anyone sucessfully communicating with ascii devices this way? Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to email me directly. Thanks! sjd2@deitzco.com

I didn't use A-D PLCs in years so I won't be able to help you there. Assuming wiring is correct and commands do work from Hyperterminal, use second terminal program instead of indexer to read the commands. Save captured data and open it in a hex viewer (You might try IrfanView for example and then Press F3 i believe...). Use same setup to capture messages sent from your PLC and then try to compare them. Typical error is that message is not terminated correctly (maybe only CR or only LF...).