Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nserasmus

OMRON R88D Servo drive

5 posts in this topic

HI, there. I'm having some trouble with an omron servo drive giving a communication error message. The problem seems to be the encoder. Is there any software available to test the operation, or at least monitor the communication from the encoder to the inverter? According to my interpretation of the manual it should use a serial type of communication link. Anybody with a suggestion? Regards Nico

I believe you can use WMON software to monitor and configure the drive. Download it at the US Software registration & Download center, at the bottom of the page (you don't have to register). I wouldn't know about cables etc though perhaps someone who has used WMON can explain this.
1 person likes this

Many Thanks, Got the download, will try and figure out the coms in the meantime.

Hi Are you seeing AC9 alarm? The serial comms motor to amp is not user editable. It either works, or doesn't. Has it just started, or has it never worked? I'd check wiring, and the fact that it's a Sigma2 motor, too. Out of interest, the cable you need to connect to the amp is JZSP-CMS02 Pp

Jip, that was the alarm! After removing the encoder, we found a broken connection on the inside of the plug...Yet the end was not in sight, next up was a pot-not error found both limit switches working but the output was only 5-8 VDC, replaced them and viola! it worked again. Were unable to connect...the correct cable was the hampering factor. Thanks for the assistance guys!