Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nour71

communication problem

18 posts in this topic

hi ,everybody, i can't connect my pc ( windows xp, pl7pro) to plc premium tsx576223. i use fot that the usb-rs232 adapter and TSXPCX1031 cable (in position TER direct). please can somebody help me? thanks.

Haven't found a USB-Serial adapter yet that works with Unitelway. You need to buy their cable TSXPCX3030 which is USB on one end, it will work fine.

How if using serial port from Laptop Dockstation. Its ok ???

That might work. I'd consider either buying the USB cable or getting a PCMCIA serial card.

Yup, because i got the same problem also, previously i bought laptop for programming of TSX Micro Modicon PLC, but unfortunately it hasnt rs-232 port, so i decide to use usb to serial converter, and the result is failed. After that i heard from my friends from Singapore that i can use serial port from Belkin Dockstation, and now the problem is solved (its mean i can communicate my laptop programmer with PLC.

I have USB-RS232 PROLIFIC adapter, which I wanted to use to connect TSX micro with PL7 pro software on laptop - without success. I read few posts that I have to buy original Schneider cable USB to establish connection. Above there is a post that someone established connection using 3rd part adaptor - some use in Belkin Dockstation. Could you write some details about USB-RS232 adapters which work with TSX? Thanks Pawel

It can be also done by changing the settings of the Unitelway driver. In the advanced tab of the configuration dialog box, by changing the RX TX Delay to -1 can also help in communication using the USB-Serial converter. This I had done using the Belkin converter (not sure if it was the Dockststion one!). Regards Mandar Edited by Mandar

Best to use the TSXPCX3030 cable.

Hi guys, That Unitelway connection through generic USB driver for UB=> serial port and their 1031 cables, were perennially problematic. The USB driver would occassionaly work with XP but not with WIN2K. Sometimes download of large applications would get disrupted. I've tried everything. At times I've had luck with the Prolific USB cable provided you maintain the "connected" status in X-Way manager. Even the original & costly TSX PCX 3030 cables were prone to problems. Some six months back they've discontinued(In India at least) the 3031 cable and now you have the TSX-CUSB-485 cable. This cable works better and is a little cheaper as well! Last year, we were saddled with this problem at least 24 times! at various sites. I always reverted to my ADAM 5020 converter. See here for a typical day's events. Prior to that the USB cable communicated the previous day only after I lit up an agarbatti! (Joss-stick)! After trying out everything else rational that is!! That USB combination of cable + driver is amongst the worst of PLC comms setup I've ever experienced! I was so frustrated with Schneider that I was threatening to walk out on them!!. But since then they've cleaned up their act with the CUSB-485 cable which communicates(so far so good ) fairly with the Unitelway and Modbus port configurations. If you ask me the X-way driver manager in its earlier versions was far better. Reverting to your problem again, Checkout the following steps with your multi-function cable.. Your luck may still have not run out 1. Check whether the driver is installed in place. You've to manually point the .Inf file when the cable is detected!. 2. If step 1 is properly done, you'll see the TSX USB3030 cable in the Edit configuration dialog box in the Unitelway driver setup ; Under Edit configuration that is. If you do not see the cable by name.. the driver has not been installed. When you use a generic Usb\serial converter, it does get a virtual COM-port assigned. It may be COM-5,6,7 or even 11! and earlier versions of PL-7 did not detect beyond COM-4! 3. As I've never used the original 1031 cable, I cannot be specific in your case.. but you may fabricate your cable with an 8-pin mini din male connector and refer to the Premium user manul.This is the best way if you have a serial port on your PC. Do tell us what happened next with your problem Regards, best wishes Raj S. Iyer

Hi ! Today I have tried to establish connection with TWIDO using cable with RS232 plug. I have WIN XP with USB-RS232 converter. It has virtual COM1 with settings: I have driver manager with 2 drivers installed - as below The unitelway driver has line settings: and advanced settings: When I try to check connection and I start Xway test I got: In this window I can only choose: UNITELWAY In PLC USB driver I have: - propably I would have here something if I had original cable with USB socket. Maybe I have old drivers or I set configuration wrong. Could you look at it and help me establish connection Thanks Pawel

Hi Pavel, Please bear in mind that the Twido 8-pin Mini-Din Port is RS-485, with Unitelway or Modbus protocols. It is better to use Modbus on Twido. But the X-Way driver manager still shows success with the X-Way test!. You are right in selecting Unitelway driver; However you need a RS-485/232 convertor before connecting a generic RS232-USB convertor. There is no other mistake in your comm. settings. Regards, best wishes, Raj s. Iyer

I used this cabel with success to connect to old TSX17 - It had different port looking, but the rules connection have the same. At that time I used regular RS232 port in PC. As I wrote X-way test can't communicate. I have not tried modbus test. I just checked that in tab "modbus test" I can choose TCP, USB, MODBUS SERIAL, MODBUS +. I guess I should set MODBUS Serial. What is Modbus + ? Thanks Pawel

Hi Polski friend, First of all, It is not clear to me how you are converting the Multi-Drop (RS-485) unitelway port to your USB-serial cable. As I have said earlier... The twido's port is NOT RS-232. Unless you use some sort of converter it is not going to communicate! Modbus Plus or MB+ is Telemecanique(now Schneider's) proprietory protocol for higher data transfer rates. I do not think MB+ is feasible with twido. It is Modbus Serial ; that is ordinary serial data sent using Modbus protocol functions that is available on twido PLC's as a built-in feature! The Xway test works on a Modbus port even using the Unitelway driver. I have the literature on Modicon communications and configurations of the port etc, and also using the drivers manager software. I need to search and when I get it, I shall post it here. You must use the drivers set that comes along with Twidosoft. I have seen that the earlier versions of XWay drivers such as PL7 -ver4.3/4.4 do not work with Twido. Can you tell me the version of software you are using. In addition to the Prolific USB cable, what convertor are you using. If you do not use the 485/232 convertor such as ADAM-5020, there is no chance of success! Regards, best wishes, Raj S. Iyer

Hi Pawel Usualy HAMA adapters are working. I work with it for Siemens, ESA HMI, Omron If they are not in Polish market - welcome to Lithuania Ramunas

Hi ! Thanks for advice. Finally it works with my Prolific adapter. The problem was in drivers. I had to download the newest driver pack for Micro - Driver-Pack ver.2.5 And now if I have home made cable connection works perfect This is a link to download section for new drivers for modicon: http://download.telemecanique.com/Reposito...mp;c=group10~EN Thanks Pawel

Hai all i am user. i faced many problem in communication.any one working in modbus plus communication. pls intract with me