Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tashinz

Access CX-Simulator via Ethernet

5 posts in this topic

Is it possible to access CX-Simulator 1.6 from a remote computer via ethernet, from CX-Programmer 6.1? Any Ideas? Regards Edited by tashinz

I am not sure how that could work because the simulator would have to have an ethernet address and the computer it resides on requires an ethernet address, so two problems arise how dose that local computer pass the info from its ethernet address the the simulated ethernet address ? Secondly how does the remote cx-prog route down to the simulator ? Sorry, i aint ever done what you have said, and have probably riased more issues.

We have computers in domain here in the firm. I've found in CX-Simulator 1.6 Operation Manual that the application can access CX-Simulator from network, but on the computer running CX-Simulator FinsGateway is needed. I've installed it but have no ideas what next since in both manuals there isn't much. Anyone done it before? Thanks for your reply.

We made success to interconnect several computers with PLC in ethernet using FinsGateway 2003. My CX-Supervisor 1.3 reads data from finsgateway device not from physical PLC. Only thing we have to do now is to remove physical PLC and start ladder engine (CX-Simulator) and connect distributed apps in ethernet to it. still no ideas? thanks anyway. Edited by tashinz

On 12.05.2006 at 0:06 PM, tashinz said:

We made success to interconnect several computers with PLC in ethernet using FinsGateway 2003. My CX-Supervisor 1.3 reads data from finsgateway device not from physical PLC. Only thing we have to do now is to remove physical PLC and start ladder engine (CX-Simulator) and connect distributed apps in ethernet to it. still no ideas? thanks anyway.

Hello, did you manage to get access to the CX-Simulator from another computer through FinsGateway?