Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
allanleo

C60K communication

11 posts in this topic

HI!, I just wanted to know how can I communicate to my Omron C60K controller. Do I need to buy a HandHeld programmer?, I Have syswin3.4--> what communication module do i need and how do i install it. Thanks in advance..

I belive you need a communication card that plugs to your PLC called LK201. Look at your manual to see the exact version because there are several different cards called LK201. You might also want to buy the special extention cable for it. This cable is needed if the PLC is installed inside a dense cabinet. Wiring between card and PC is as follows: PC (9 pin female)_____________LK201 (25 pin male) RX pin 2 ------------------------------- pin2 TX pin 3 ------------------------------- pin3 SG pin5 ------------------------------- pin7 !!! must !!! at LK short 4 to 5 (RTS to CTS) ! for some old application ! at PC short 4 to 6 (DTR to DSR) and 7 to 8 (RTS to CTS) Gili

Thankyou Gili! The cable above is correct. Be sure you specify 3G2C7-LK201-EV1 for the communication adapter. LK201 is a generic name for all communication adapters at Omron.

if i wanted to use a programming terminal, can i upload to it an existing program from the omron plc? and what handheld programmer do i need? thanks

I assume this question pertains to the PlC in this trend: The programming terminal for the C60K PLC is a device with a part number 3G2A6-PRO15-E. It is not a handheld unit but mounts to the front of the C60K PLC. It is does allow for download of the program to the unit, but uses an audio cassette tape interface for storage. Unfortunately, the programmable terminal will not operate offline. Therefore, it must be hooked up to the PLC to operate. To use a handheld programmer, C200H-PRO27 or CQM1-PRO01, you will need an adapter called the C500-AP003. This adapter converts the long peripheral port to a small D Sub style connector that the handheld programmers use.

FYI: The 3G2A6-PRO15-E just came up today on ebay. C60K Progranmming Console

Hi Jay, If i use the C500-AP003 together with the handheld programmer, can i browse the program that's already in the PLC(C60K)? Thanks a lot!

Yeah, that's what i's for.

Hi Jay, If there's a password in the C60K plc, can i still view the program, or do i need to know the Password? Thanks