Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Been Around

How to disable Outlook Express asking for ok to send

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to disable feature in outlook express asking if it ok to send email? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Does anyone know how to disable feature in outlook express asking if it ok to send email? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I thought I posted this in AB to start with

Also, could someone tell me how to take off new user below pic?

Unless the comment below picture /. avatar changes based on the total volume of your posts.

OK, Thanks for information, on my other question I figured it out. I read settings in express, but did not see. Just read to fast. Allright in outlook express tools options security Warn me when another program tries to send email as me. That wasnt hard. dop! Well it was worth posting and reading today, good to see other people who eats and sleeps controls!

Watch out with Express as well. It may not allow you to always see attachments that are sent to it expecially if you use Rich Text Editor to view HTML Mail.

This "duplicate Post" answers the question and more.

Microcrap Outlook Express is "NOT" an Allen Bradley PLC topic. Your post has been moved "twice" now and also "merged".

Sorry but I don't see how this pertains to AB either. I'm guessing that you are saying that it pertains to AB because your triggering some message to be sent in Outlook Express off of an AB device but the verification is keeping it from automatically being sent. That does not make your problem related to AB. It is a problem with Outlook Express. Now your probably asking what difference does it make? By putting your thread here it lets non-AB forum users help you. That is why it was moved twice. Moving the thread was for the forum's users to be able to help you better

Ok, I'll bite. Exactly how does Outlook Express have anything to do with Allen Bradley, in your post above?

Because I figured that as a general rule someone using messenger would have used outlook express also. maybe not? I do not know of any forums for outlook express, maybe I didnt do enough research on mr.plc. Sorry for misunderstanding. I will be more careful ! Thanks for this site. If I never asked another question its still good reading on diversity of applications being discussed. I have been troubleshooting and programming since my late father and I started controls business in 1983. and im only 39 years old. I have seen alot of diversity through various companies over the years. As well as alot of people trying to program. Anyhow, I fixed this problem, but it shouldnt have been if I would have spent more time reading or at least paying attention when I read it first !!!!! Again, Thank you

Look here: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showforum=33 What do you see? These are called "forums". Most people ask questions in the forum that pertains to their question. Outlook Express is a "Computer Help and Networking" Below it, it says: "Use this forum to ask about computer questions and networking." Generally people post in the correct forums, becuase alot of people don't like reading topics that don't pertain to them. For example, I don't know much about Omron PLCs, so I rarely ever read anything posted in the Omron forums. This make my reading go faster when I don't have to read "all" the topics posted. Your post was moved from Allen Bradley to Computer Help and Networking. I would say that it's safe to say Outlook Express is a better fit in the Computer Help and Networking forum right here in MrPLC, than the Allen Bradley forum. I think this is where you got mixed up. Hopefully, I've explained it ok. -

Your quite right. thanks for moving post.I usually spend more time reading before I ask for help. You might have noticed this was my first post. It is helpful and a pleasure to go to a forum and only see posts that relate to a certain subject. this save alot of time. I do understand I have seen the error of my ways. Knowledge with understanding is a plus Thank you again, Happy Programming

I still don't get it but as long as you do that's great

A little off topic.........or is it on??? Anyway....... Allowing an application to send email without asking you opens a big security "can of worms". Here is some reading I suggest to help make you less vulnerable with your newly opened security hole..... I33_001_05.pdf http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/c...s.mspx?mfr=true

And depending on the processor or communications converter it may be able to send a message directly to a SMTP server.