Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yevgeny

Help me please!

17 posts in this topic

Hi, all !!! I have such problem in building system on QnA! The configuration is: In main base: 1 - 3 A1SX10EU 4 - 5 A1SY10EU 6 free 7 A1SJ71PB92D 8 - A1SJ71UC24-R4 In extension base (with power suply module): 1 - 2 A1S68AD 3 A1S68DAI 4-5 free Everything works fine, but not analog modules A1S68AD and A1S68DAI. I've tried almost all possible configurations: sometimes one of these modul fails with error 2110. Sometimes not, but all modules don't perform conversion :( And when I put A1S68AD into slot 6 on main base even the A1SJ71PB92D and A1SJ71UC24-R4 don't work properly!!! What can I do wrong?????? May be some parameter settings?????

Hi Yevgeny, I did a project with the QnA cpu a while ago, so I might be speaking under correction. Anybody, correct me if I'm wrong...... What I can remeber is that I had to change the special modules modules with the QnA counterparts. A1SJ71UC24-R4 -> A1SJ71QC24-R4 Will get back to you..... The profibus dp master should be ok. Can't find another alternative to the current analog modules you are using now. Try changing this special module. But, first take it out and use the config you have with the rest of the units. Try it, if it all works change the special comms module with the proper QnA counterpart. Regards, WayneS Edited by waynes

Hi WayneS, thank you for your reply!!!! Now I can remember that in specification of A1SJ71UC24-R4 I didn't find QnA as applicable CPU... But I was glad to see that it connects correctly to SCADA PC!!! So may be it performs it's fuction correctly but prevents other modules working well??? I'll find it out soon :) thank you for advice!!! Best regards, Yevgeny

Have U tried to reserve 32-bits for each? I expect those to be 32-bit cards. Most of QnA special communication A/D etc cards needs 32-bit?

it's true, one should always check compatibility first but i would say tmu is right. it's not compatibility problem according to general section of ib(na)66583-b (that would be page 12 out of 120) as there are plenty of QnA cpus listed. do you have proper manuals (like sh-na-3511 etc)? there are some sample programs. btw. did you ever use special module? this can be (is) overwhelming... section 3 (specification) og sh(na)3511 indicates signals like Y(n+1) which means the mapped i/o should be at least 32points. in my exporience, 99% of special cards are using 32, although one can usually assign much more. the only exception i can think of are some analog cards.

Thank you all for your replies!!! Of course I've started such a topic after trying near all possible configurations.... Really all these special cards are 32 bit!!! And all cards are suitable for QnA system (except A1SJ71UC24-R4)... So as soon as I get to the equipment I'll check the influence of A1SJ71UC24-R4 on work of other modules!!!! But the fact is that A1SJ71UC24-R4 really works correctly and makes connection to SCADA PC!!! So I'll try to provide more information, and hope to get some more advices if manipulations with RS-485 module won't help me....

... just to be sure, is this A1SJ71UC24-R4 or maybe A1SJ71UC24-R4-S2?

Next suggestion: Correct if I am in wrong tracks, but I had some problems with A-series, because system allways reserves 12-places (or was it 7)to main base unit. 1st extension unit is 13th. QnA and A are completely different systems... Have you tried to move DI/DO modules to extensions and use analog modules in main base unit? If this is configuration problem, try to read PLC I/O assigment data, if you haven't done that before. Edited by tmu

I may be wrong, but I doubt that there's a compatibility issue. Here's some things that I would check, (in no particular order). 1. Does the extension base have "-S1" at the end of it's part number? If it does, then there will be some jumpers underneath the plastic cover. Lift this off and check that the the jumper is across the first pair of pins .... can't remember if they are marked "1" or "0", but it will be the "top" pins. 2. The A1S68AD has to have dip switches set on it to configure each of the channels for whatever the analogue input is that you want to measure. Check that these are set to whatever you want to measure. 3. Personally, I don't like spare slots part way through a rack .... leave the spares at the end of the rack and avoid unknowns. 4. If you're using IEC Developer software, I've found that the later versions seem to insist that the IO configuration section is completed before compiling. Seems that if you don't tell the software the card is there, the PLC can't seem to see anything on the card. Seems strange, as it never seemed to be that way with the early versions, but there you go ...... 5. Be very careful that you have correctly worked out the HEX start and end addresses of each card. This is especially true with analogue cards where the "HEAD ADDRESS" needs to be entered in the software that determines where the buffer memories are to be read from. The HEAD ADDRESS is the two most significant digits, so for an analogue card starting at 0A0, the HEAD ADDRESS would be 0A (not A0). For a card starting at 1B0, the HEAD ADDRESS would be 1B. (I find it helps to add a leading 0 to all hex addresses below 100) 6. The A1S68DAI card will need to have it's output channels switched on in the software, by "OUT" Coils. These are determined by the address at which the card sits. So, if the 32 address card starts at 0A0 and ends at 0BF, then you would have to energise YB0 through to YB7 .... note that these addresses are "halfway" through the cards address range. These things can drive you mad ...... normally it's a mistake in the Hex addressing

I have already read PLC I/O assigment data... :) Now I'm going to check what is the first extension unit number... and try moving DI/DO to extensions...

1. Extension base has "-S1" I will check the jumpers soon... Is there any manuals on that topic??? 2. I'm sure dip switchs are set correctly on A1S68AD... 3. Hm... Free slot is reserved for DOx16 But the fact is: I moved one of the A1S68AD modules to that slot, corrected I/O assignments, corrected programm; and the result was imposible for understandig - Profibus DP module started showing 2110 error message... 4. I'm using GX Developer... (not IEC) 5. Oops... I'm sorry, I didn't catch the idea about HEX addresses... I would be very grateful if you give some more details... or may be link to manual... 6. This is also not the problem... A1S68DAI works well in my A2SH-S1 system... Thanks a lot for replies :) Best regards Edited by Yevgeny

5. Oops... I'm sorry, I didn't catch the idea about HEX addresses... I think that may be what's causing your problem. You HAVE TO know the Hex address of the various cards to be able to write the software to read from the Buffer Memories. If you don't then strange things are going to happen...... I've added a Gif file of a 68AD set up in IEC Developer, the commands are the same regardless of what software you are using. Note the way that values are read from buffer memories of the special function cards residing at the Hex address of the card. You do need to know this, unless I'm missing something pretty fundamental

Thank you for your help!!! :))) Everything works well at the moment!!! Best regards, Yevgeny Edited by Yevgeny

Glad to hear! PS. What was the problem/ incorrect setting???

Hi everybody. I have an A1SHCPU working instead of an old and damaged A1SCPU-S1. The program migration seems to be all right, but now, I have another problem.
The A1S68AD module, (mounted in a A1S55B-S1 Extension Base Unit), involved in the process is not working. I´m not sure if is it damaged too or is just a configuration problem originated from de A1SCPU-S1 to A1SHCPU migration. Maybe somebody here can help me find out where the problem is?
When I power the system up, the A1S68AD RUN LED turns on for half a second and then turns off again.
On the other hand, if I pull out the A1S68AD module, the A1SHCPU give me error number 31 (MODULE VERIFY ERR.) and then error 41 (SP. MODULE DOWN).
When I use buffer memory batch monitoring it seems to work fine too.
Thank you in advance and best wishes.
Esteban Fosco
Cel.: 02346-15-458660
Tel.: 02345-46457

The code to configure the module should be a part of the PLC program.  So perhaps the card is bad?

3 hours ago, Crossbow said:

The code to configure the module should be a part of the PLC program.  So perhaps the card is bad?

Thank you Crossbow. I´ve cheeked in the PLC program, with GX Developer, with the Entry Data Monitor from Monitor submenu of Online menu, that the X0 (WDT error) input of the A1S68AD remains set in 1, so, the hardware manual says probably a hardware malfunction. Thank you again for your answer.