Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Nelson

solar panel positioning control

31 posts in this topic

Some links for you David.... http://www.solarserver.de/solarmagazin/anl...pril2000-e.html I have also attached a document you might find useful albeit a bit too complicated for you use... 34302.pdf

Keep the great ideas coming! I'm in the process of putting up a BIG above-ground pool in my backyard. I'm trying to figure out the most economical way to heat it WITHOUT consuming electricity or natural gas.. I'm thinking the long black garden hose idea might be a step in the right direction! Too bad hoses aren't made of a very thermally-condictive material and the cost of copper and aluminum is sky-high these days :(

Of course the black roof sure will conduct the heat to your skin when you are working on it. Guess it would do the same to the garden hose

We have a shower on our elk hunting property that is fed from a natural spring coming out of the ground. BRRR very cold. We put in about a 100-150 gal black poly tank, fed it from the spring, buried a hose down the hill aways to a shower head tucked away in the junipers. And all during the summer and late into the fall the water gets so hot we usually have to wait till early evening or first thing in the morning to shower. Not so good in the winter though, to much snow!

Another energy saving tip that should be mentioned that you may be using there. Get you water from a high enough elevation compared to your house and you won't need a pump. A buddy of mine does that

On the topic of energy savings... What about these new "super high efficiency", "super high capacity" washing machines and dryers? Has there been that big of developments in the technology? I would think that it still takes the same amount of energy to remove the water from a pair of socks as it always has? Edited by robh