Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chriswell

Rsview studio ActiveX

6 posts in this topic

Hi everybody I don't know if it's already happened to somebody. My customer has a packaging machine.There is a panelview plus on it. His supplier gave him the .apa We want to add alarms When we restore it, everything's fine. We open the application in Rsview studio , ok. The problem happens when we try to open a specific screen, we have that message Unable to open activeX control for display DATA_STORE cause: ME DataStore: ActiveX control not found on computer ??? Thanks

In the *original* application (the one that the supplier originally loaded on the machine), is the "Data_Store" screen running as expected? It sounds to me like the supplier was using a third-party ActiveX control in the application. As I'm sure you know, you must have the ActiveX control installed not only on the development PC running RSView Studio, but also on the target terminal (i.e., the PanelView Plus, a VersaView CE, or Windows PC). However, the PanelView Plus is a closed Windows CE system, which means that you unfortunately cannot install third-party ActiveX controls. You may want to check with the supplier to see if this is the case. Rick

You can look at the data_store screen in RSView studio, open the object explorer, and look for the MEdatastore activeX object. It will highlight, then you can open it and see some of the properties. The MEDatastore object is use for logging tag information to a txt/csv file automatically. If you don't need this feature, you can simply delete the activeX object and compile your project without warnings. If you need this data logging feature, you will probably need to have this portion of the project re-written. $ Edited by Money4Nothing

You could also buy a touch screen industrial PC with Windows 2000, XP on it, (not Windows CE) then install a RUNTIME of RS VIEW 32, then install the activeX on this "new" screen.... Of course that's the long way around the hill but you won't have to re write the application, you'll just need to buy new hardware, and a runtime license. Make sure you get enough tags to support your RS View run time. Sometimes I get touch screens here. http://www.elotouch.com/products/lcds/1566l/default.asp http://www.touchwindow.com/miva/merchant.m...SoloistPictures http://www.touchwindow.com/miva/merchant.m...Panel-RackMount -

Thx Chako I should have mentioned this as a possible alternative. I'm used to rarely considering options that cost me more money but for sure its good to have all the possibilities in mind With RSView Enterprise there is no tag limit for RSView ME runtime (I think that's what he has rather than RSView32), but there is a limit to how many screens you can have. You can buy a lisence for a 15, 30, or 70 (i think) screen application. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can use an application written in ME on 32. Also, with RSView ME you can use the MEdatastore ActiveX object on Windows CE, just as long as its not a closed system as on a panelview plus. $ Edited by Money4Nothing

You can read all about the DataStore ActiveX object on the A-B Knowledgebase: Datastore ActiveX A88751639 This object can't run on PanelView Plus terminals, but it can run on their close cousins the VersaView CE.