Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naing

SCADA Forum

19 posts in this topic

Hi all, Don't you think it is time to open a new SCADA forum? The forum fetures will lead to HMI, MMI, OP, VCU, SCADA and so on. The ones who need help about SCADA can use this forum and find the real solution in one step.

Well, everything else (almost) is covered! This would be a great compliment to this site.

Sure! Sounds like a good idea.

Wow! Can't anyone help to open the new forum? Attention to Readers: Please leave a comment here if you are interested in this topic. Thanks!

There used to be a HMI / SCADA forum here but it didn't get much traffic and disappeared 2 or 3 upgrades ago. I think most people posted their queries under the brand name they were using.

I'm going to agree with Gerry here. If you get too many sections the forum gets too hard to navigate. In my opinion it is just about at it limits on section.

hi, it is a good idea to open the scada forum, of course i want to join this. in this days i am looking for the person who work about SCADA in this site and it is very nice to meet you. i have started to work with the sms scada software recently. i have learned something with help guide if somebody who get projects about sms send me i will be pleasure.

hello, ya its good to hav a new forum for SCADA

Yes, I also agree that it should be limited in sections. But, I can't understand why it should be here the forum named "Computer Help and Networking" than "SCADA and Automation Networking".

Guys, ever thought of running a poll ?

Pardon me Sir. I'm really sorry for the conversations. I won't make any other mistakes anymore. Lets talk about more insteresting things in the future. Sorry again:-(

I think what PDL is saying is why don't you start a poll and let users vote to see how much interest there is in it. If there is a lot of interest then it will be added as a section. PDL did not mean anything negative by the post

No worries Naing ! You chose the right place to start the discussion, and you're not offending anyone with it. As TW says, maybe you can set up a poll and let it run a few weeks, and see what the public says. The administrator can decide to put up the section or not according to the results, or maybe include it with an existing one. Personally I also don't see the need for a separate section because most times SCADA programs involve a certain PLC brand and generally the question get's posted in that section. Real SCADA related question I usually post in the lounge, where it has the most chance to be read. But hey, that's just me... To start a poll, I suggest you open a new topic in the lounge and below the Title, click "Click here to manage this topic's poll" Now you can create a poll like the following example, whatever you want to include.

Thanks a lot PdL! I don't know how to open a poll, previously. Your suggestion will fit to me. PS., Sometimes I'm affraid to mess up the forums. I worried my posts would disturb to others. Anyway, lets start a poll.

naing don't let offending worry you. Keep within the limits of legal posts {no cheat codes, etc} and the moderators of these forum are very amiable to work with.

In my opinion , there is not neccessary to open Scada Porogramming Forum.This web site can answers any question about SCADA in Automation field. In addition to, many people have known this website for a long time. So, solved problems are easy when having many members. Our final purpose is only solving the difficults in Automated Working. This is only my idea! Edited by ChanThien

I like the idea of a dedicated SCADA forum.

I like the idea of a dedicate SCADA forum. It'll bring solution to a lots of problem we face when running a project using SCADA.

The fact that it's been a year since my last post - count 2 up, strongly suggests that there's simply not enough activity to support this