Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Nelson

gasoline odor

9 posts in this topic

hi all, is there anything that will kill the smell of gas? i spilled quite a bit from a jug into the car and a shampoo machine cant reach all the spots, thanks David

don;t know of anything but time / pehaps a match (only kidding)...curious though whyd ya have a JUG of gasoline in the car ?

Maybe some baking soda would absorb the odor.

Probablly gas for the mower......

Try this: Soak the area thoroughly with a mixture of 1-2 cups plain white vinegar mixed in 1 gallon warm as you can stand water, then use lots of clean white towels and a brick, clamp or something else to add weight (your own arms will do, too) to wick out all of the petroleum and water solution. Follow with a rinse of warm water mixed with baking soda (1 1/2 cups per gallon), then again wick out until as dry as you can get it.

Does that work with beer oders too? LOL

no, after quality checks (one leads to another), beer gets consumed so user ends up lacking will or cleaner to finish what he started... i've seen some cleaners use steamer. maybe this would work ok. my dealer has sign offering to clean a car inside out for under $100 and "restore new car smell" that apparently makes cute girls jump in arms of car owners.

thanks for the replys, i will try just about anything at this point. the wife and kids do not like the odor no more than i do.

Roll the windows down and drive faster. It's not that hot in Georgia yet