Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ACB1

HELP! Need RSLogix V5.50 CD

30 posts in this topic

I have not heard of the e-connect. i will do a little digging and pitch it to the boss and see what he thinks. thanks for the tid bit guys. david

Money4Nothing - How much time do you think it saves you by calling Rockwell Support instead of beating your head against the desk for hours?

It didn't save me a lot of head bashing when I was working with one of the first DriveLogix controllers that AB sent out. I was getting I/O faults from my remote I/O rack at startup. I spent numerous hours with my local AB tech rep & lots of time on the phone with the boys from Milwaukee upgrading the firmware & reading thru half-written manuals (I was getting weekly updates of draft pdfs!) before we found a satisfactory answer. Seems that the power to the remote rack went off before the DriveLogix controller power actually went off, so clearing all faults during the power up sequence cured the problem. The guys behind the Tech Support front line are willing to go the distance IF you can get beyond the phone answering crew. If I helped save someone else's sanity, that's good enough for me. Beyond that...

I came across this topic and figured I'd add my 2 cents. My company has an AB tech support contract. I know it is quite pricey, and I call it maybe once or twice a month with questions. However, at least half of the time it seems that I get people who cannot help me or give useful answers. Occasionally, you will come across someone who really understands the product and gives great advice. These are the ones who say "well you cant do that, but have you tried this way?" type answers. Mr.PLC gives these types of answers all the time, which is why I come here and browse quite a bit. I know how tough it is to give support over the phone, but it seems like when you are doing this for a living, and have experienced many projects, you just kind of understand other peoples problems, and Rockwell tech support simply do not have this kind of expertise like the members of this forum do.

Its hard to say how long I would have had to beat my head. Knowing that I have a tech-connect contract, I give up pretty easily on problems now and hit the phone LOOOOL (I'm half-kidding) I have been working on a pretty complicated project over the last 4 months trying to do things that I've never done before, and looking over my cases I've probably saved at least 30 hours worth of engineering time by calling support. Several solutions I have come by due to Rockwell's internal tech-notes that I would not otherwise have had access to. $