Sleepy Wombat

CX-Programmer improvement requests

166 posts in this topic

indirect addressing inside of function blocks would be handy. also the ability to cut and paste ladder from inside function blocks into the main program . I have found after writing a nice function block it does not support indirect addressing and I cant cut and paste it back into the main program

I regularly monitor 64 digital bits in Omron PLCs. Unfortunately only 1 window can be opened at a time. On a current project I would dearly love to have 3-4 windows open for monitoring inputs and forcing/setting outputs - it woul be so helpful it is not funny. I used to be able to set up a spread sheet like monitoring/setting/forcing sheet in CAPS - pages of them. I have really missed that capability since CAPS was no longer supported. Strongly recommended improvement, either multiple windows or preferably the spread sheet idea.

Hey Bob, The Memory view using Bin (2) format will show all the bits and allow forcing, however it is displayed in a contiguous format. Being able to open multiple instances of the same area starting at a user defined address would do the trick for you. The Switch Box utility is nearing what you want... however, it still feels limiting. I wish you could customize it more and display more info. Have used it when debugging a machine and want to confirm a signal is coming on from a limit switch, you can see the bit state transition from black to orange easily from a distance. (especially if commissioning by your self.)

Binary format of o and 1 are too hard for my old eyes to read! The Switch Box is near but not there. As it is possible to have many memory areas on view in the Watch Window and 0s and 1s turning on and off I cannot see why one cannot have more windows open - smae information - just a few graphice - much easier for my old eyes to read - and from a bit of a distance too of course!

I find it more than slightly irritating that the symbol data type for a timer (Tnnnn) defaults to TIMER for all PLC's when this data type only applies to the CJ2 processor and must be BOOL for all the others. I have to re-educate myself every time I start to develop a new CP series program from scratch.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2014 at 9:26 PM, j.brophy@corkillsystems said:

does this apply in structured text ? eg: @TXD_CPU

I do not know of a way to do this in ST.  You will have to manage that yourself.  Something like this:

gDkTljHjVOgAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

OK, found something else to cry about. Consider the following:

Project includes EIP network so addressing is through network tags (arrays). Each device on the network gets its own array/tag. I add unique comments for each address associated with a given device. When I use any of the addresses in the PLC, whether entering as array[index] or typing the literal address directly, CX-P displays the tag name/comment instead of the unique comment associated with the individual address.

If I want to see address specific comments I have to use a XFER block to copy the tag/array into a parallel set of addresses and attach the comments to the parallel addresses. Very wasteful in terms of memory, program size, and time.

It would be swell if CX-P gave priority to individual comments and only showed the array comment where there is no comment attached to a particular address.

Example attached.

EXAMPLE.cxp

There may be a preference setting for that... I am not sure.  I more use Sysmac Studio anymore.

Doubt there will be any more 'upgrades' to CX-One.

On 3/15/2017 at 2:54 AM, Gary.Johnson said:

OK, found something else to cry about. Consider the following:

Project includes EIP network so addressing is through network tags (arrays). Each device on the network gets its own array/tag. I add unique comments for each address associated with a given device. When I use any of the addresses in the PLC, whether entering as array[index] or typing the literal address directly, CX-P displays the tag name/comment instead of the unique comment associated with the individual address.

If I want to see address specific comments I have to use a XFER block to copy the tag/array into a parallel set of addresses and attach the comments to the parallel addresses. Very wasteful in terms of memory, program size, and time.

It would be swell if CX-P gave priority to individual comments and only showed the array comment where there is no comment attached to a particular address.

Example attached.

EXAMPLE.cxp

There is a way to achieve this without having to duplicate the Tags. I've done it using Omrons Network Configurator.

Don't register the Tag Array as a Net Variable. Give Tag Names to the Memory area you wish to use as the input area. use excel if there's a large amount of Tags. Makes quick work.

Open Network configurator, set up your devices, I've just put two masters here for the example, register your tags not by name, but by (as in this example) the memory area you want. See how I entered DO, but network configurator automatically changed it D00000. Register the Tag set. go to connections on your Node and set up the point to point connection and register it. I've just made a duplicate area here from a CJ1W-EIP21 Card. So now this set up would have your input area in the CJ2H showing exactly what is in the same memory area for the PLC with the CJ1W-EIP21 card attached to it. Download network to the nodes and you can now have your comments.

But naturally if you want to do anything useful with your array using loops etc then you'll have to put those tags into an array.

Attached pics and files

EIP Tags No net Variable.zip

Connection.PNG

EXAMPLE_Mod.cxp

EXAMPLE_Mod.nvf

EXAMPLE_Mod.opt

Register New Tag Set.PNG

Registered.PNG

hi i have omron plc cj1m cpu12 and i need make program analog input configuration but i don"t know input address i have analog unit AD041-V1 ple can any one give how to i can this  

On 9/24/2017 at 5:00 AM, sridharan said:

hi i have omron plc cj1m cpu12 and i need make program analog input configuration but i don"t know input address i have analog unit AD041-V1 ple can any one give how to i can this  

Please create your own post when you have a new question.  This post was for software improvement feedback.

hi everyone.

CX-programmer is installed but no option for serial option,. onlu usb option .. kindly help

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-13 at 10.54.14 AM.jpeg

Edited by SAJID aLI

3 hours ago, SAJID aLI said:

kindly help

Please start a new post. This is an improvements post.

My first thought is, your Serial Port is not available for use.