Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

CPM1A Programming Cable?

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've purchased small Omron PLC (CPM1A-40CDT-D). It was too late when I discovered that this thing doesn't have a serial port. I would really like to play with it but my budget is tight. After reading about alternative cable for Mitsubishi FX PLCs, I started wondering if there is similar solution for Omron PLCs. The might be more difficult as I couldn't find any info on "peripheral port" such as pinout etc. Thanks for any help. John

Guest John: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com Here is a Japanese document on the construction of the cable. This is all I have. You can see that the TXD and RXD are buffered, isolated and attenuated.

Congratualtion Jay, Where do you find the information and how do you manage to reply so quickly? About half of all replies seam to come from you. I used to search for the same info at the earlier point of time without success... And I've spent lots of time on this one. Maybe someone can add info on the pin numbers for the peripheral port signals? Anyone? Regards, Edited by panic mode

Hmmmm..... Let's just say I have some direct connections to Omron.

And that's why Jay is the Moderator of the "Omron" forum....He is the Omron Expert! I tend to lean more towards the Allen Bradley side, but I've done some Omron in the past...

He's just being modest... he practically answers all the rest of the forum plus AB.